• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone know what an Adnexa is?

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Today during my ultrasound the tech took measurements and labeled them adnexa left and adnexa right. This was not I my uterus but on either side a little above it. After a bit if googling I hae decided to stop because some pages mention ovarian cancer and other scary stuff. Has anyone else ever had this on an ultrasound and what was it? It just looked like a big empty sac.

The adnexa is just an anatomical term used to describe 'appendages' of the uterus... basically tubes and ovaries :)

So the big sacs he was measuring was just tubes and ovaries?
Thanks I hope your right. It was very odd to see extra sacs on either side. Scared me.

I had my 12 week scan today and they did the same thing. It just your ovaries and stuff like the pp said. My pics just looked like a darker blob in the middle of a grey picture.

Thanks. :)
Mine just looked like big empty gestational sacs. Big black areas in the fray background. So odd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->