Anyone looked down the line at the end result and had second thoughts?

calm

Reaction score
I mean, have you ever thought that that beautiful lovely baby will turn into a nasty moody teenager. I have, and I can't say it has put me off, but uf, I think mother love must be tested to the limit in these cases. There is a program on Spanish tele where the help very conflictive teenagers. They are so awful at the beginning, they hit their mum, call her horrible names... I mean, I can't imagine anything more heartbreaking... I once voiced my thoughts to my husband, who really can't stand teenagers, and he said "A pity they can't be kept small and cute like bonsais" :shrug:

yea i def thought that. I used to think do i really want kids?, i mean i love babies and toddlers, but older kids and teenagers not so much. But once their here you know the love will be the same no matter what, but i do sometimes wish i could shrink my 6 month old daughter back to a newborn, shes already growing up too fast :(

In Spain they say, "When they are young you could just eat them, when they are older you wish you had" :D

In Spain they say, "When they are young you could just eat them, when they are older you wish you had" :D

Yeah looking forward to it. . haha
I've tried looking past that though and looking at they will become adults too.

In the past few years I have grown up A LOT and it shows on the relationship between me and my parents && my whole family actually. . .

I'm looking forward to them being my age! haha
Going off to uni and such . .
Well ahead of myself here lol

xx

It's all part of the experience. You basically go through phases until they are 18 and leave home :lol: You swap colic, reflux and sleepless nights for a someone who locks their door and tells you to mind their own business.

i think u got to put up with the bad and the good. Just cross ur fingers, do ur best and just hope they choose the right path at the end of the day :D

I truly believe a good education (as in manners) has a lot to do with it. One of the mothers on the "teenager help programe" just didn't seem to have taught her son respect... Of course, anything can happen and as someone else said, try and help them choose the right path, but I will do my best for that to happen...

I think the best part for me is that they will grow up and become teenagers, and adults, as thats what I want to see is my Children blossoming and becoming their own person and not always needing me.
I will be sad the day they start school, the day they go on their first date, the day they pass their driving test, the day they leave home, the day they get married but only because it means im getting old! lol
I will be happy for them because they are achieving things in life, and hopefully fingers crossed they will have a lot happier childhood and achieve more in life than I had.xx

I like that saying calm :)

Sometimes when I see a load of teenagers causing trouble I do think "oh god, do I really wanna produce one of those!" but I hope that the values that I was brought up on, I can share with my child and they may be somewhat respectable teenagers!! I know that all teenagers are hard work but a lot just seem to have no respect at all and no manners! I would hope that some decent parenting might give them that respect! x

Yeps, education is everything, but you only have to look at the case of brother and sisters, same education, and one is a monster, one an angel, so personality has a lot to do with it as well.

Yup, I love babies and toddlers but I've even noticed that others peoples kids drive me a little nutty at times and I wonder "Will I be able to put up with that?" then they turn into moody teens. They say it's different when it's your kid though so lets hope that's the case!!!

I havent had 2nd thoughts about having kids and I really do believe its how you bring them up in the early years that determines what sort of teenager/adult they will become.

Majortity of my friends ive grown up with and the ones with IMO not the best of parents seemed to turn out to be a lot more trouble than those of us who were brought up 'properly'.

Saying that, if Lucy turns out anything like OH's sister I think I may eat my words!!!! Im sure she wont though as hopefully I will do a much better job of bringing her up

I don't know.
Some teenagers are monsters, but it's certainly not the case with all of them. I've worked with some amazing young people.
Show them respect and really listen and you'd be surprised at what even the surliest teen will do.

i actually look back at myself at 15 (4 yrs ago) and I think 'god I was a moody shit y did my mum put up with me!' Thankfully i grew out of the moody phase pretty quickly and i was never a particularary bad kid, just moody lol. I was brought up well and I think that def has a lot to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->