• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone move to anti colic formula?

hereitgoes

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi girls, twin one is happy days no probs on the aptimal but our smallest twin has a dreadful period at night atfter 9pm settling. He cries out of what seems like pain for a good while and takes ages to wind in general. Im wondering at 2 weeks is it too soon to change to anti colic aptimal for him or would you/have you done this? Any help greatly appreciated!!

I had my son on nutramagen at 2 weeks then elecare (he had a milk and soy allergy too). If u think ds may be colickg then its worth trying a colic relief formula. I also recommend colic calm

We use Aptamil but just add a couple drops of Colief to each bottle which breaks down the lactose in the milk and works a treat for us.

It's expensive at £11.49 for a 7ml bottle, but I managed to get it on repeat prescription.

thanks Laura. Do you get this on prescription only? or can you get it over the counter? Im in ROI x

It's a standard over the counter med (well, Superdrug have it behind the counter, Boots have it on normal shelving) but I asked for a script as its so expensive and only lasts us just over a week.

My LO has colic crying in evening with bad tummy cramps we changed his feed from SMA to SMA comfort, health visitor told us it takes about 2-3 weeks for the milk change to start working and it seems to be working now. I've also started warming his bottle slightly which might be helping as before I gave it at room temp and colief. It's just abit of a pain as you have to put it in the bottle 30 mins before baby has bottle.

When LO was a few weeks old we tried the Cow and Gate Comfort milk which is supposed to help with colic but it didn't make any difference. She finally settled well on Hipp Organic but I think she had grown out of the colic herself by that point anyway.

We changed to comfort milk but not until around 8 weeks and it helped massively. We also used colief for a good 4 or 5 weeks then she seemed to settle down but were still using the comfort milk now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->