Anyone not get AF until a month past the trigger shot??

moni77

Oliver Max arrived April!
Reaction score
Hello all -

After my first IUI (with clomid and ovidril) I developed a cyst. The doc told me to still take the trigger - I then didn't get AF until a month AFTER the ovidril shot. Now I am onto the next month - clomid and IUI #2 - I took the ovidril back on January 9th. BFNs since then. My temps dropped when AF should have arrived but nothing. It has now been 3 weeks since the trigger. I did have a very little spotting on Thursday - which is unusual for me - but nothing since then.

Has this happened to anyone else?? I can't find anyone who was this delayed after ovidril. Oh and this month they confirmed ovulation the week after the trigger - so I did ovulate on time.

Ugh! How totally frustrating!!

I haven't had the same thing, but I do have PCOS and did get a larger cyst in the cycle leading up to my IVF last year. (It measured in at a bit over 30mm, I think.) My RE and I discovered it after a 10-day course of Provera failed to bring on AF even though my temp dropped.

My RE said the reason for AF not happening was most likely because, since cysts can sometimes secret tons of hormones, the cyst was changing the environment of my uterus. She watched the cyst over the course of a week with every other day u/s to see if it might subside on its own, but it continued growing, so she went in and ruptured the cyst. The next day I went in for a PIO injection, and AF arrived a few days later.

I don't know if you still have any cyst issues going on, but that's what it was for me. If the cyst is gone, then I don't know what to tell you! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->