Anyone on Clexane injections?

purplespecs

Reaction score
Like the title says... anyone here injecting themselves with Clexane? I had a pulmonary embolism at 2 weeks postnatal with my DS so the Dr is starting me on Clexane injections and aspirin tomorrow. Just wondering how people get on with injecting themselves in the stomach? I'm really nervous about doing it myself - when I was in hospital with my PE the nurses injected me before I moved onto Warfarin. Any reassurance from Mummies going through the same thing would be highly appreciated!! Thanks :D

Hi, was just popping in from third trimester and saw your post. I inject myself daily with clexane and have done since my BFP, I also did with my previous pregnancy.

You'll be amazed at what you can do when you have to! It's not the nicest thing to have to do but it's necessary sometimes. Pick a nice fleshy part of your tummy and just do it, don't keep trying just do it and plunge slowly!

I have a history of DVTs prior to pregnancy hence needing the clexane. I've actually just go out of hospital after 3 days with a suspected PE but thankfully it's just a bad double lung infection.

Good luck and PM if you want to ask any questions about pregnancy and clexane x

Thank you for the reassurance! I'll remember to plunge slowly :) I remember from last time not to rub it afterwards as I came out in the hugest bruises all over my stomach.

How do you manage when your bump gets big and there is less fleshy skin to grab? That's been something that has been bothering me a bit.

To be honest you're such a pro by then you just get on with it! The thing I find hard is finding a spot where it's not been injected into recently as it hurts a bit more then, that and making sure baby isn't kicking when you do it!

Hiya I have to inject daily with fragmin I cant stand needles i cry at blood tests lol but after the 1st couple of times its actually not too bad im doing it in my stomach now but when that gets tighter i'll have to do it in my thighs :/ i need to do it for the whole of my pregnancy (since week 4) and will have to continue until 6 weeks after birth eeek!! good luck xx

I had to inject with clexane postnatally but I don't mind needles. I've done two years as a student midwife and have taken my own blood before. :haha: Like the others have said, it's mind over matter and if I remember correctly the needles are quite fine with clexane. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->