Anyone on Prometrium during LP?

bizzy27

New Mom to Cole!!
Reaction score
My doctor prescribed me Prometrium for AFTER I O because I seem to be ovulating but my progesterone doesn't seem to be getting high enough to assist implantation after fertilization.

So this is my first month taking it and AF should be here soon...so here is my question..

Will you still start your period on progesterone or do you need to stop taking it for AF to show her ugly face?

See I know once your bbt lowers, AF arrives.
But since progesterone keeps you temp high would this prevent AF?

So confused.. would love any advice.

Well i planned to stop taking the progestrone 16dpo, ut i got my bfp 12dpo...so i am still using it...first you make sure that you are not pregnant before you stop it....i have pcos, and i figured i that low progestrone...

Well i planned to stop taking the progestrone 16dpo, ut i got my bfp 12dpo...so i am still using it...first you make sure that you are not pregnant before you stop it....i have pcos, and i figured i that low progestrone...

What did your temperatures look like?
Did you have symptoms before your bfp?
Sorry I am bombarding you with ???s just that I cant tell if my temps are high b/c of the progesterone or if its a good sign.

I have PCOS too.
You can click my chart link and look at my temps... what do you think?

I am taking Prometrium after I ovulate for low progesterone too. This was my first month using it. I usually start spotting at 7dpo and AF shows on 11 dpo. I took 100mg 1 time a day orally, and started spotting at 10dpo until 14 dpo. I stopped the meds after 14 dpo and go AF 2 days later. The doctor said if the dosage is high enough, you will not start spotting or AF before stopping the progesterone. Sooo hopefully I will get a higher dosage and get my BFP next month! Hope you get yours soon!!

I was put on progesterone suppositories after 3 miscarriages and have been on it for a few cycles. My first cycle on it, I did get pregnant but still m/c just before 6 weeks. So it won't keep a pregnancy that is not viable, but it really has been able to help so many women to have healthy pregnancies after m/c's so I am hoping to get pregnant again and see what happens.
The Prometrium does elevate my temp in my LP so I can no longer count on my temps to see when AF is about to arrive. I also get the side effects that mimic pregnancy each month which sucks! It hard not to be hopeful when you are getting sore boobs and slight nausea even when I know it can just be the medication.

My fertility doctor tells me to start at 3 or 4 dpo I use 2 of the suppositories it the morning and 2 in the evening, from reading on here, I guess that is a fairly high dose but I was only taking one twice a day when I m/c in December so they upped it. My doctor told me to take a hpt at 14 dpo (when I used to get AF) and if I do not get a positive I can stop taking it and let my period come. It takes about 4 days for the medicine to get out of my system enough to start so it has lengthened my cycles.

If I think I might be pregnant I go in for blood work to confirm one way or the other.

It is my understanding that the prometrium will not stop AF from coming but it may delay it pretty significantly if you are not pregnant and keep taking it after your LP.

Good luck!

WOW thanks..

So I quit taking prometrium yesterday ..because of :bfn:
But then my temp spiked...confused...

I called my nurse..waiting for a response...hmmm

hi there, i'm on endometrin, which i think is pretty much the same thing as prometrin. it's just progesterone 100mg and i take it twice daily after O. I stopped taking it 4/1, which is when my AF was due, and then AF came 2 days later. I think you have to stop taking it for AF to pay a visit.

What did your temperatures look like?
Did you have symptoms before your bfp?
Sorry I am bombarding you with ???s just that I cant tell if my temps are high b/c of the progesterone or if its a good sign.

I have PCOS too.
You can click my chart link and look at my temps... what do you think?

oh i didnt temp, but i did use opk's. i was also on clomid. on cd 18 i had cramps on my left side, then cd 19 i got a very positive opk...we bd that day and the next, i started the pro. cd 21 and have bee taking it twice daliy since...

WOW thanks..

I hope the nurse can answer your questions and give you good advice. I just looked at my charts to see if I had any spikes after I stopped taking the Prometrium. They didn't as such, but my charts pretty much climbed and then stayed high until a few days into my period even after stopping the meds.

I am surprised that your doctor didn't give you more information or instructions because this medication can interfere with ovulation if you are taking at the wrong times.

Good luck to you x

WOW thanks..

I hope the nurse can answer your questions and give you good advice. I just looked at my charts to see if I had any spikes after I stopped taking the Prometrium. They didn't as such, but my charts pretty much climbed and then stayed high until a few days into my period even after stopping the meds.

I am surprised that your doctor didn't give you more information or instructions because this medication can interfere with ovulation if you are taking at the wrong times.

Good luck to you x

YES!!! so true!!! the provera (progestrone) taken before ovulation will stop you from ovulating. so make sure that it is taken AFTER ovulation!!!

OH most defiantly!! I was told to take it after O....I was actually not sure if I had O'd or not..so I waited til 4dpo to start taking it!!

My Dr..told me to take after I O and then if I dont get a BFP at 14dpo to stop and start a new cycle. I just got confused because its my first time taking this stuff and when my temp spiked it threw me off. You can click my link and see my chart overlay...this month is just really weird.. lol

Thanks soo much for your answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->