Anyone on the Minipill?

CatchBabyDust

Mom(by Gods grace)preg#2
Reaction score
Started mine yesterday.. This is my first time using pills as contraceptives... i'm using the microlut .. Anyone used this type? I'm also exclusively breastfeeding...i'm 10.5 weeks postpartum and still spotting..i know its not from the pill because i just went on them.. my bleeding stopped at 8 weeks but i have been spotting on and off since ... did anyone spot that long? What did ur dr say? I did go to my dr and all she did was give me tabs to stop the spotting but it never worked...so i have no idea whats going on .. going again next week..

She also gave me Microlut as contraceptives..

Anywho, can anyone please provide me any info about minipill while breastfeeding ..or if u can Microlut specifically..

Hiya,

I'm on the mini pill and have been since my six week check, although I'm on cerazette.

Before ttc I was on microgynon which you had a period on when you had your week long break, whereas with the mini pill you keep taking them.

Tbh I never spotted when taking the mini pill, I stopped bleeding about 2.5 weeks after my section but people do bleed for longer and the mini pill can cause spotting for a while.

I've never had any problems with my pill and went onto this from microgynon because I was breast feeding. I never noticed any change in supply or anything and have gotten on really well with it. When I was on my old pill for the first three months I had terrible stomach cramps, whereas with this I've had nothing.

You need to take it at the same time each day though for it to be effective. I set an alarm on my phone to go off everyday at 6pm so that I remember to take it - might be an idea as with a baby/house to run etc its easy to forget!

X

Hiya,

I'm on the mini pill and have been since my six week check, although I'm on cerazette.

Before ttc I was on microgynon which you had a period on when you had your week long break, whereas with the mini pill you keep taking them.

Tbh I never spotted when taking the mini pill, I stopped bleeding about 2.5 weeks after my section but people do bleed for longer and the mini pill can cause spotting for a while.

I've never had any problems with my pill and went onto this from microgynon because I was breast feeding. I never noticed any change in supply or anything and have gotten on really well with it. When I was on my old pill for the first three months I had terrible stomach cramps, whereas with this I've had nothing.

You need to take it at the same time each day though for it to be effective. I set an alarm on my phone to go off everyday at 6pm so that I remember to take it - might be an idea as with a baby/house to run etc its easy to forget!

X

Thank u for ur reply! :) i stopped spotting for few days now its back..i'll ask my dr about this..looks like im one of those who spots on the minipill :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->