anyone planning a home birth

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
I posted this in natural births as well

How do u deal with the negativity of people telling you not to have a home birth?

It's already a scary choice. I know things can happening but they can in a hospital too.. I'm scared that something will go wrong because I have it home n the guilt would eat me alive

Totally not judging you at all but I'm just curious, why do it at home if you have the thought of guilt weighing on your shoulders? My friend had both of her sons at home and swears by it but it's just something that's not for me, i'm a weirdo, i actually like hospitals lol!!

I had a home birth. I got educated and realised the misconceptions arounf home birth, so that helped me fend off negativity. In terms of something going that instantly and catastrophically wrong in a normal labour and birth, the chances of a good outcome is low anyway.
I've since become a student midwife (soon to qualify) and am completely comfortable with the knowledge that home birth is safe for well mums and babies at term.

thank you for making this thread, I'll be stalking! :) debating whether or not to have a homebirth myself..

I decided on a home birth because of the environment t that I wanted for myself and to bring my baby into. Also, since I live in ny, the care that hospitals tend to give is all about getting patients in and out. There is no tlc, and if your labor takes too long, it's all about the c section. I don't want to be forced in any uncomfortable situation because of an impatient doctor.

Of course I'm afraid to have it at home because of all the doubts n scary words I'm constantly bombarded with from family n friends but I'm trying to let their words change my decision but it is hard

I had debated a home birth, and I'm all for it, I've done my research and I'm fully aware that research shows it's actually safer for a low risk pregnant lady to deliver in her home, the thing that put me off?? The thought of the kettle being boiled repeatedly to keep the pool water up to temperature. As trivial as it sounds, when I was in labour with my DD noise really upset me, and for me I would feel so wound up listening to that constantly.

I'm now planning a Waterbirth at the new midwife led unit we have in my area and feel I would be more comfortable because their would be less noise and the pools are on tap. Not only that but I don't want my husband to miss out on any part of it because he's filling the pool up constantly. He needs to witness the pain I'll be going through so I can hold it against him when the night feeds start :haha:

Not doing g it this time around but glad to see others ddoing it. Its too expensive where I live.

I am Planning a home birth (UK)

The midwife said they will support me/encourage it but said its likely the consultants at the local hospital won't be happy/tend not to- she said as long as all is ok nearer the time to stand my ground

Unless it's absolutely medically necessary for me or baby to be in hospital I intend to be at home

Gina I told get your reasons, definitely makes sense!! I would not want to be rushed out of the hospital and would never want to have an unnecessary csection. Although I don't want to do a home birth, I do want to do a water birth and from my research so far, the hospitals in LA don't really do it, I would have to go to a birthing center. Not sure how I feel about it so that's just another decision I have to make.

I know it's hard but don't listen to your friends and family!! It's your body and your baby, you get to do whatever you want and only you know what's best for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->