Anyone Planning a Homebirth in the U.K.?

Chrissi1981

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone here was planning a homebirth here ? I had my son at home in the pool and it was the most wonderful experience ever - being able to climb straight into your own bed afterwards with your wee little one ...

Let's share advice and tips

Love and light xx

I had a home water birth with my DD, I'm hoping for another. Loved every minute of it and it was complete bliss already being at home!

Didn't mean to hit reply there.

I used Maggie Howells hypnobirthing book and CD, it was truly a great experience, hubby loved every minute too and the midwives I got on the day were lovely. My own midwife beforehand wasn't very supportive of the homebirth at all, I'm so glad it wasn't her.

It transpires though that I had strep b. I had went to the hospital weekend before she was born as I felt I had a urine infection, they done a swab and gave me antibiotics for a kidney infection and sent me on my way. I went into labour the Monday she was born Tuesday morning and my midwife called me Friday afterwards asking about her colouring, breathing etc.. Came out checked her over and explained I actually had strep b. DD was fine though, but I know you are more likely to have it again in which case I'd need a hospital birth for antibiotic drip. I know I'm very newly pregnant but it's already really bothering me that I might not be able to have the birth I'd want, but obviously have to do what's best for the baby.

Didn't mean to hit reply there.

I used Maggie Howells hypnobirthing book and CD, it was truly a great experience, hubby loved every minute too and the midwives I got on the day were lovely. My own midwife beforehand wasn't very supportive of the homebirth at all, I'm so glad it wasn't her.

It transpires though that I had strep b. I had went to the hospital weekend before she was born as I felt I had a urine infection, they done a swab and gave me antibiotics for a kidney infection and sent me on my way. I went into labour the Monday she was born Tuesday morning and my midwife called me Friday afterwards asking about her colouring, breathing etc.. Came out checked her over and explained I actually had strep b. DD was fine though, but I know you are more likely to have it again in which case I'd need a hospital birth for antibiotic drip. I know I'm very newly pregnant but it's already really bothering me that I might not be able to have the birth I'd want, but obviously have to do what's best for the baby.

Hello lovely. Had you ever thought of strong probiotics ? There are alternative natural remedies to prevent this. I'll speak to my midwife about it as well if you'd like ? Xx

Oh I'll definitely look into that. I haven't gave a great deal of thought yet, with only just having found out we're pregnant.

I assume you'll be having another home birth?

Oh I'll definitely look into that. I haven't gave a great deal of thought yet, with only just having found out we're pregnant.

I assume you'll be having another home birth?

Oh yes ! I'm just about to dig into Spiritual Pregnancy right now. I really need to get out of my head more especially this time on my hand with a crazy toddler on my hands. Love him to be there as well, but just not sure how he'd take it.

Have you read the Ina May books ? Love her ! Xx

I haven't but I think I will this time around, I heard alot of good things. My DS left for the later stages and came back just after she was born. It was far more special fulfilled moment having him comfortable with his new baby sister at home, instead of in hospital x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->