Anyone recommend good OPKs ?????????????

nattys

TTC no.2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Just wondering what brand OPKs do you use ??? I have been using cheapies from Amazon (one step) think they are called but I'm not getting anything resembling a + :cry: I am currently on AF no. 1 since my loss & am CD13 but have no idea how long my cyles last now. Used to be every 28 days like clockwork.
Any way I have been looking at the Clear Blue Digital Fertility Monitor but it's £60 :shrug:
HELLLLLLLLLLP :hugs:

these are what I order:

https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Step-...HDN6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1301921645&sr=8-5

They work great- just as good as Clear Blue digital- which they work great too but they are expensive!

btw- are you testing 2-3 times a day with OPK's???? If not- you can VERY easily miss the surge. I've used the cheapy's ever since I started and they always work just as good!

Thanks hollyw79 x I must admit I've only been testing once a day :blush:
I'm really not to sure what days I'm supposed to be testing on to be honest, I'm CD13 so should I be testing from now ??

Totally confused:dohh:

Hi!! I was using the ones from amozon also and i couldnt really get a decent line on them so I swapped to the tesco ones! amazing they are 7 pounds for a pack of 7 really really good picked up my surge last month after my mc I also used the ones from amazon to see the difference and the lines they gave me were rubbish hard to tell if the were pos or not compared to the glaringly obvious tesco ones!! good luck!!

Thanks hollyw79 x I must admit I've only been testing once a day :blush:
I'm really not to sure what days I'm supposed to be testing on to be honest, I'm CD13 so should I be testing from now ??

Totally confused:dohh:

I would say until you have a really good idea of when you O- to start around cd9 up until you get a positive. Plus, some women have really short surges and that's why it's important to test multiple times a day- another good reason to use cheapy's!!! If you only are going to test once a day- do it in the afternoon between 2-4pm.. but I highly recommend 2-3 times a day to make sure you have it covered. I missed mine in December until I started doing it this way. I would for sure start now if you haven't.. it IS possible you already O'd.. but you never know.. wouldn't hurt to keep testing! I usually don't O until cd14-16 usually.. so a definite possibility you can still catch it! :hugs:

I really swear by the Clear Blue Easy digital (smiley face one). I am horrible at reading lines!

Hi, I can honestly only recommend the clearblue fertility monitor. Its the best investment I made, its amazing. We tried for 3 cycles with no success and then bought that monitor and got BFP first time. I read lots of reviews online that people got their BFP's first time and I thought that must be too good to be true but nope it def. worked for me. I've used it again after M/C and got my two peak readings again so we've ttc again, now 8DPO and fingers crossed.
Regular OPK's never really worked for me, even the clearblue digital ones, they had me worried sick that I wasnt ovulating. The monitor is so easy to use and it even tracks that your oestrogen is rising on the days leading up to O. You have high readings on those days and then it goes to peak when ovulation is ready to happen.

Thanks ladies xxxxxxx :hugs: Gives me something to chew on

Hi, I can honestly only recommend the clearblue fertility monitor. Its the best investment I made, its amazing. We tried for 3 cycles with no success and then bought that monitor and got BFP first time. I read lots of reviews online that people got their BFP's first time and I thought that must be too good to be true but nope it def. worked for me. I've used it again after M/C and got my two peak readings again so we've ttc again, now 8DPO and fingers crossed.
Regular OPK's never really worked for me, even the clearblue digital ones, they had me worried sick that I wasnt ovulating. The monitor is so easy to use and it even tracks that your oestrogen is rising on the days leading up to O. You have high readings on those days and then it goes to peak when ovulation is ready to happen.

Do you have to use it at the same time everyday? Are the strips pricey??

Do you have to use it at the same time everyday? Are the strips pricey??

I have just got one off Amazon and it arrived today so will be reading the instructions shortly but I think you turn it on once a day and it tells you when to POAS. Pack of 20 sticks cost £13. I'm hoping the investment is worth it. There certainly seem to be an awful lotof people who have been successful using it.

I have a CBFM .. didn't get to use it bc you have to start within first 5 days of your cycle and I didn't do it in time... they are for sure worth it.. it IS somewhat pricey, yes.. but very accurate!

Me to Holly - too late for this month but will "play" with it next month unless of course I get a BFP in the meantime.......

Fingers crossed for you hon xx

I am definately tempted by the Clear Blue Monitor, Amazon seems to be best price. I look in Boots at it & it was £102 !!!! I am going to Drs tomorrow to see about my bleeding. I've had AF now since 22nd March, it has eased off but am a bit concerned. I'm worried I wont get a sticky bean if I'm still getting blood :cry: I've been taking Pregnacare conception tablets for 2 months now so I really hope they work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->