Anyone sometimes sit and think your kid does not deserve christmas?? Dunno what to do

loulabump

Mummy to one of each x
Reaction score
Need to get it off my chest sorry but what a little brat I have!!!

I would never have it in me to cancel christmas of course although I've made all the usual threats about santa not coming if he carries on behaving so badly... he is just generally so so bad at the moment and has been for about a year.

He drives me insane and nothing I say or do changes anything he just acts up constantly.

And today on what should be a lovely chilled day he decided for whatever reason to throw something at the bathroom light fitting so now it's dangling from the ceiling by its wires.

All electric now had to be turned off while we attempt to fix it and he just has nothing to say for himself at all

How old is he Hun? 4?
Is he really that badly behaved, or does it just feel that way because you've had enough?
Kids do do silly things, like throw things etc, they don't usually think of the consequences. It's all about them experimenting.

Sometimes my 3 year old drives me crazy, and I feel as though I'm doing everything wrong, but I think that's just kids for you.
Kids don't always listen or do things in the way we'd like them to.
Obviously I don't know your situation though, but I think you need to ask yourself, is he really a brat, or does he just need a bit of extra guidance?

I could never cancel it but my eldest can be a right madam at times. At the moment she's being really good probably due to the threat of no presents. She has already been on the naughty step twice ....trying to relax and not let it get me down, all the excitement is alot for them ��

I know the excitement is probably making it worse than normal... it's just when he does things that he knows are wrong and has no remorse or regard for the consequences.

He's 5 x

Light is now fixed so I'm having a cuppa and calming down...Sometimes it just helps to write it down and vent xx

It's such a tough age I think. J really pushes me somedays! :hugs:

I have these thoughts most days!!! He's stopped with to really awful behaviour like hitting etc but I get a lot of anger and I hate you's. Weirdly today has been the best day we've had in ages. Perhaps because he's got all his new toys and Lego from his birthday yesterday so is occupied. I did get told to shut up though when I sang Christmas songs!!

I feel your pain. I'm thinking about having a serious chat with him in the new year and if things don't improve he won't get as much next year, at 6 he should understand!

I've already threatened my 4 year old a number of times today that Father Christmas will not be coming to our house tonight if he carries on, at the time I could very easily have cancelled it but he's such a cutie I know I'd never go through with it. He's very easily bored at home and all my plans to take him out for the day got cancelled at the last minute so they've had a rubbish Christmas Eve. I always find i could have stopped him behaving so badly if I'd planned our days better

I find the key woth Colin is don't threaten unless you plan on carrying through with it. Otherwise he catches on really quick. Colin has been acting up too but I try not to threaten the no Christmas to much as I don't think I could follow through. It is tough though!

Yes, I have a five year old who since starting school and becoming a big brother on the same day has been ridiculous with his behaviour. I'm thinking it's attention seeking or just picking up bad habits from school.

The amount of times he's been told he is getting no Christmas is astounding, his behaviour has calmed down quite a lot today though!

I came on here to wonder if anyone else had ideas of cancelling christmas!
My 6yr old is so excited, mixed with being off school and just coming back from grandparents house. He has been playing up so much! Mainly cheekyness, back chatting, not listening and constantly winding his sister up! Drives me crazy!
I didn't threaten no santa today but I did tell him a made up story about how my brother was cheeky one christmas and come christmas day there were no presents for him. Santa delayed them for a week, until he started behaving :)

My kids are 11, 8, 3, and i canceled Halloween this year as they were all being terrible, i was threatening to cancel it for a couple if weeks before hand, and i think they thought i was joking, but i followed through! I told them if they are still going to be terrible i will cancel Christmas too, and other than some bickering which is normal between siblings, they gave been pretty good!

Sometimes we have to do these things for them to realize we are not mucking around!!

I have no advice but my almost 4 year old is the same. She's been like this for 8 months now, it's just hell. She kicks and hits me every day, she throws things across the room, she damages things, she completely trashed her room the other week, she shouts at people, she is so rude to everyone, she goes out of her way to look for what would cause us trouble and then does exactly that. Life is extremely hard at the moment. I wouldn't cancel Christmas though, I would never have the heart to do that and I don't think it's the answer anyway, although I don't know what the answer is!

Relatives keep telling her to behave because Santa is watching and she won't get presents. I don't like that though because aside from it being a bit creepy that he's watching and knows everything she's doing, it just looks silly on Christmas Day when she gets all her presents despite the way she's behaved. It just looks like Santa has very low behaviour standards or that her behaviour has been acceptable in some way!

Sorry others are going through similar; I sympathise how hard it is :hugs:

My daughter is 8 and drives me absolutely CRAZY sometimes!! Sometimes she just doesn't use her head for things. The other day she was playing with the heater in the bathroom, switching it on and off, after she got out of the shower. The floor was wet and so was she. I busted her butt and told her how much she scared my but I don't think they quite get it at that age yet. I had to take come calm down time....You can get thru it mama!!

I'm so sorry you guys a struggling but also weirdly happy I'm not alone!! Xx

I know the feeling! Lucas has been a sod today but I gave him a right telling off earlier and he broke down crying and said "I'm sorry, I'm just so excited I can't hold it in". Bless him, I felt terrible!

Story of my life. My Oldest is 5 as well and as of late his attitude has been so bad and I just want to pull out my hair! he even called DH a Ass whole yesterday SMH Ive felt like cancelling Christmas for him but I could never.. :hugs: I know how you feel :hugs: it must be the age

Oh dear... There are lots of people posting here with kids much older than mine. I was hoping this was a phase!! Hubby is great at threatening to cancel Christmas!

I try not to threaten that Santa won't come, it totally goes against the feeling that Jesus loves all children. I know Santa isn't really part of the true Christmas story but its inter wound somewhere in my eyes.
What I do threaten is that I'll take his toys away and I do carry that out, inturn he gets them back with good behaviour.

I'm so glad I'm not alone with a bratty child lol. 5 is a tough age! xx

My eldest has been so difficult lately, back answering, generally being rude, being aggressive to his brothers, damaging things... Basically every rude behaviour he can think of.

I obviously didn't cancel Christmas but I seriously wanted to in the run up. He was actually really good yesterday though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->