Anyone still experiencing a lot of worry?

natalie4

Reaction score
I'm now 18 wks 4 days and this stage is not very reassuring!

No bump, just a little soft gut. Haven't felt any movement. I have my anatomy scan in a week and I'm convinced there won't be a heartbeat.

I thought about getting a Doppler but they're difficult to get in Canada and I figure there's no point at this stage anyways

Have you struggled with some of the same feelings at this stage? how do you cope and did it turn out ok?

I think its all just one big worry! I'm 15 weeks n have had a few scans n baby doing well. I feel movement already as its my second child. I have a Doppler its great its the sonoline b doppler n not even expensive! I hadn't felt movement for few days which is a first in few weeks so I uses my Doppler tonite n found my little bubs! It had moved position slightly. I was ill last week with a sickness n dioreah bug n worried about the baby but a couple of goes with my Doppler n I found that lovely reassuring heartbeat. I find there great b I just use it when I feel like it x

I think everyone is different when it comes to showing. I showed very early with each my kids but I know one woman who didn't properly show until she was roughly 30 weeks!

Assuming you have been going for regular, monthly doctor visits where a Doppler is used should help put your mind at ease. Also, with my first I didn't feel him to approx. 20 weeks. I had an anterior placenta which makes it harder to feel baby because there is a cushion between the two of you. Deep breath. You will be ok :)

I have the same worry. Every time I go to the dr, I'm terrified there won't be a heartbeat. I have a dr appt next week and I'm losing sleep from paranoia. I felt the baby move once last week (flutters), but haven't felt anything since. I'm supposed to have my gender scan within the next 2 weeks and I'm just terrified something is wrong. How we're feeling is normal. Until the baby is born I'll probably worry.

With both of my pregnancies, I didn't feel anything until right around my dating scan (I think one was actually after it) at 20 weeks. Both were anterior placentas, so I never had "regular" movement, but there was eventually definite (sometimes painful) movement!

Thanks for making me feel a little less crazy! I'm normally a calm person but this pregnancy is bringing out the worrier in me!

Would they have been able to tell on the 12 week scan if I had an anterior placenta?

I feel you girl! I wasn't too worried up until recently and I don't know why it changed. I just was hoping to feel movements by now as its my second pregnancy. I know it's still early but my head is constantly going through the what ifs :( my appointment is on Monday though, it couldnt come sooner! Also I am showing but It seems like I grew alot quickly and I havent grown in the past 2 or 3 weeks

I want to say I asked at my last 12w scan if I had one and she said she wasn't sure yet... but I can't quite remember if that was 12w or 8w- either way by 17w it was most definitely known (it's been getting higher since then).

Im in a similar situation! Im 16 weeks & 3 days, first pregnancy. No bump, no movement. I just had a Dr appointment on Monday, so I know everything is okay. But every month I worry until I have another appointment because I have no idea whats going on! We have our gender appointment on the 27th so again, I will worry until then! The Dr asks me if Ive felt movement and honestly Im not sure. I wouldnt know what to look for and sometimes I have weird stomach things going on. I think its perfectly normal though until we know for sure!

I worry all the time.

I work long and hards shifts. And I am scared baby will just die... Or born prematurely...

Can't help it :(

Only thing what helps if I really take it easy... Rest. Sleep. No running around...
Unfortunately have very little of that.
Also have a constant nightmare about going to the loo and blood gushing out of me. So not nice!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My last pregnancy was a mmc and I just can't bring myself to tell anyone this time around, it's like I'm afraid if more people know, something will go wrong. Ridiculous I know. I will be seeing family next week and won't be able to hide it so we are paying for a private scan tomorrow to hopefully convince me everything is ok

I'm 31 week and still haven't announced this pregnancy publicly :dohh: obviously people I've seen know but no extended family or friends I haven't seen in a while. I just never felt confident enough

Going in for anatomy scan on Tuesday. Haven't heard heartbeat since last ob appointment 4 weeks ago. Definitely going to be a basket case all weekend.

I hear ya.
This is my 3rd and I was still a big ball of stress and worry.
I have a doppler, but could rarely pick up the HB so even if you had one.. it would probably still make you worry if you couldn't find the HB.
Feeling consistent movement does help some once that starts, but then the worry shifts to "Is baby moving enough??" "Why isn't baby moving like it did yesterday?" etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->