Anyone suffer a loss due to PPROM?

I am a pprom mum, but I had a good outcome.

Pprom is a freak thing and unless you had a bleed before hand (this has been linked to pprom) they often never know why it happened. There are a few pprom groups on FB and also a pap group - pregnancy after pprom.

I am so sorry you did not have a successful outcome but please try the groups as some women have done amazing research and may be able to help you.

Wow, 21 miscarriages?!?! I am soo sorry to hear that. You are a strong woman! I wouldn't know what I would do but it good to hear you have 2 healthy babies and expecting your 3rd...CONGRATS!!!

I am very sorry for your loss :hugs:
I have a history with pprom.

My water broke at 29+1 with my 1st,
19+5 with my 2nd and I lost my 4th baby because of pprom.

Elijah, my 3rd was my first pregnancy with no problems but there we changes in my cervix. 4.0cm to 2.8 cm in three weeks.

Sadly, my dear friend is going through this now :'( water broke at 21 weeks and she is due to give birth today. Absolutely heartbreaking :cry:

My waters broke at 22 weeks and I gave birth to my daughter Willow 5 days later.. Just last week. It came as such a shock. I really hope the results of the tests give us some answers.
I'm sorry for your loss x

Sorry for all your losses. :hugs:

We lost our baby at 15 weeks just three weeks ago from pprom. I never bled through the pregnancy but my waters broke one night after I had some stomach pains over the weekend. So sad that we even saw the ER doc and our gynae that weekend and again on the day before my waters broke but we didn't know better as it's our first pregnancy.

I had a fibroid that grew from 5th to 8cm in my pregnancy. I m not sure if it caused the pprom and you know what, funny how docs will always tell you they do not know the exact cause. It's like I got more answers from the net!

It's very sad and confusing to lose a baby in what is always called the safe second trimester. The percentages are low and yet it happened to us, sigh.

I recently suffered from pprom. It happened about 2 weeks ago and this is the second time it happened to me. The first time the doctors thought it was due to infection of the amniotic sac. The second time (different doctors) think it could be due to incompetent cervix.

It's very difficult to deal with the grief, but just know after 3 months it gets a little bit easier. You will be able to manage the grief. Oh and just so you know. I'm not sure if its happened to you yet, but your milk may come in. It caught me off guard the first time it happened.

My water broke on Sunday at 18w3d. They say I have an incompetent cervix. I hate that term. From what I've read and what my doctor said, this usually isn't diagnosed until the miscarriage happens. You would think with all of the medical advances, something could be done. As this was as ivf pregnancy, it adds another level of pain. We are not sure we can even afford to attempt another pregnancy.

My water broke on Sunday at 18w3d. They say I have an incompetent cervix. I hate that term. From what I've read and what my doctor said, this usually isn't diagnosed until the miscarriage happens. You would think with all of the medical advances, something could be done. As this was as ivf pregnancy, it adds another level of pain. We are not sure we can even afford to attempt another pregnancy.

I am so sorry for your losses. My water broke with Hope on October 20, 2013 and I delivered her on the 22nd. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->