Anyone suffer long term after gallbladder removal?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts with new mummies having gallbladder problems which is common but I'm wondering if there's anyone who was unlucky like me to be suffering long term?

I had multiple admissions to hospital during pregnancy, then when my daughter was born and had the surgery when she was 12 weeks old.

4 years I'm still in agony daily but there's nothing the doctors can do. I've been left with chronic gastritis and reflux so very limited diet which sucks.

Anyone else?

Hi hon, just didn’t want to read and run. I’m in for a pre op next Wednesday for a gall bladder removal op 😕. I’ve no stones it’s just not working properly , less that 20 %. Not sure why ?? 😔. Sorry to hear u r still suffering x

I had mine out 18minths after lo born.i still get pain when I'm stressed and I know other women who experience the same. It's the same pain in the same place, but not as strong. It's worse if I over indulge but I know that will happen. As a get stressed at different points us if the year due to my job I know when to take care of myself better. The docs just said I had to deal with it. 🤔

I had my first gallstones attack while I was pregnant (It got mistaken for early labour) and many attacks after the birth , had my gallbladder removed last year.no way should you be suffering for 4 years so they know what's causing It? Stones etc?

Sorry others are suffering too!

Initially I was told it was grit passing through with inflammation. Then liver stones (body continues to make bile so still possible to make stones) and after several upper GI endoscopy procedures I've been told it's just gastritis and reflux. I often wonder if it is thought as it's really severe at times, in exactly the same place as when I had a gb, and I get the referred pain up in my shoulder. I've tried taking omeprazole and domperidone but they didn't work so stopped taking them. It's just annoying me more than anything now.

Well i eventually had my op to remove gall bladder 6 weeks ago. I know it’s still early days but I do still get uncomfortable where it was so not sure. I get some better days than others. I would be interested to know how long it was before people started to feel themselves again. I’m still very aware of where I had surgery and the scares can be sore at times. Just wondered if anyone else experienced this x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->