anyone take domperidone? taking it & feeling dizzy

kris85

Reaction score
hi all,

my midwife doesn't think I'm making enough milk, and because I had similar issues with my son, shes put me onto domperidone to increase before it gets worse.

I started it yesterday, 2 x 10mg 3 times a day. Last night was feeling a little lightheaded/off balance.. but this morning, oh boy I'm sooo dizzy. Feel like I need to just sit with my baby so I don't fall or faint.. I've been getting spells all morning, mostly on my feet but even if I turn my head quickly when sitting it can happen.

I feel awful and a little worried, I'm seeing my midwife this afternoon so I'll ask her but in the meantime I want to know if anyone else has had similar experiences or know anything about the drug. Theres no way I'm taking it if I feel like this. I'd rather formula feed than barley be able to take care of my children :(

Totally normal and it goes away after a little while! Just remember to drink lots of water and you should be fine in no time.
Have you tried fenugreek? If domperidone doesn't work for you or the nasty side effects don't go away, maybe it'd be worth a try?

thank you! more helpful than my midwife this afternoon who didn't know if it was related or not. Think I might stop taking it at least for now to see if it goes away, in the mean time I might try fenugreek :)

Try reducing the dose a little. When I was taking 2 tablets 3 times a day it would give me palpitations, but 1 tablet 3 times a day was still enough to up supply (along with pumping) and didn't give palpitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->