• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone take Esciprex antidepressant while pregnant?

loulouamy

Reaction score
Please no judgement- it's been an extremely hard decision but it's been decided that I should go on an antidepressant, I am 22weeks now and have been struggling since day one.

My question is if anyone took it? Did it help and mainly did it effect baby in any way?? Three doctors have said as baby is now formed that there is very little effects for them and I will be very closely monitored for the rest of my pregnancy.

Any advice from someone who took anti depressants would be great thanks.

I've taken it, still am taking it. I'm a pharmacist and we give it out and I've been giving it out for 6 years and I've seen those children grow up and are fine.
The fact that you are on that medication means that you need it a mother needs to be in a mentally good state for when baby is born. Your doing the right thing for you and baby and well done for knowing that you need help. I had a traumatic birth on DS and suffered PTSD with horrific flash backs and esciprex helped. I have good and bad days but I know without my antiD's id be far worse. Your doing the right thing for both of you, keep your mind healthy that's what's most important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->