Anyone taking cyclizine or taken it in the past?

loopy82

Mummy to Matilda
Reaction score
What sort of relief should you feel ms if cyclizine is working for you? I've been taken it for around 5 days now and still feel incredibly nauseous, I haven't been sick but it was a very close thing this morning. Am feeling so fed up, can't believe it hit so early and so badly :cry:

Sorry your feeling so poorly iv been feeling awful and vomiting since 5-6weeks so i really feel your pain right now, i havent taken any meds yet this time but i did with ny son but i cant remember which ones. Unfortunately non of them were like magic and made me feel better and deffinately didnt help with the nausea but they did reduce and sometimes stop the actual vomiting. If you feel its not helping at all then i would go back to your doc and ask to try a different type. Goodluck i hope it doesnt last too long for you

I took it with first pregnancy. It stopped me being sick but still felt nauseus. I started to feel a little better in the second trimestor

My sister who is a nurse said it should stop nausier but it never stopped mine. I had to also make sure i ate little and often and drink lots of water

Thanks, unfortunately it lasted until 20 weeks last and I have a feeling it's going to be the same this time. I didn't take anything last time as I had the luxury of not having a toddler to look after and wasn't working during the 1st tri. Think I may try reducing them and see if it makes any difference. If it's not particularly helping then I don't want to take them, I feel horrendously guilty as it is.

I did not take much for same reason only after ended up in hospital twice. Mine lasted till end last time to but not as severe as first trimester. I took only when i could feel slipping back to been really ill rather than just horrible ms

I really do sympathise! I have been trying to manage without taking anything but after feeling so low for the past few weeks I caved in and asked my GP for something to stop the nausea and vomiting. I was prescribed Cyclizine but it hasn't really helped that much. I can actually get through the being sick part but the 24/7 feeling of nausea is hard to manage and especially if you have a toddler and full time job too. Anyhow, I have just been told that my iron levels are also too low so I am going back to the doctor today to see about that and also to look at different anti-sickness tablets.

I hope you start to feel better soon, its not easy!!

Hi

Im so sorry youre suffering. I am taking Cyclizine and have been since 6 weeks.

This is my second pregnancy. I was sick for 34 weeks with my first and I wasnt going to suffer in silence this time around.

Thankfully most days the Cyclizine has bought immediate relief but some days nothing I do or take will shift the nausea.

I am 10 weeks today and still taking 3 a day and cant see me cutting them out any time soon.

I hear there are plenty of meds so perhaps your doctor can recommmend something else that might be more effective??

Good luck x

I'm taking it and have been since 8 weeks. They worked brilliantly at first, then maybe a week or two later started to not work so good (or so I thought). When I ran out I didn't get anymore because I thought they didn't work. But then I was the most sick I have EVER been.

So I got put on them again and they work, but don't completely rid me of the nausea. I've not been sick since I've been on them, but I do still feel crappy at times.

I just know I'd feel worse without them.

I really sympathise with you because I've been so ill it's really got me down. I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hi there,

I was on them for my 1st pregnancy and they worked pretty well. 2nd pregnancy they made me feel worse so then I was put on Zofran (Ondansetron) which was like a miracle cure. Didn't stop puking completely but allowed me to keep enough down to function relatively normally.

Docs will always try you on Cyclizine first as Zofran is mega expensive but if you need it they should give it to you.

I would go back to drs and ask to try something else.

Good luck xx

Thank you everyone, I just can't wait to get past this bit now. One thing I do remember is how wonderful I felt when it went last time and I appreciated that right up to my dd being born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->