Anyone tandem feeding?

PreggyEggy

Reaction score
Just looking for reassurance that I'm not the only mad woman out there, lol!

If you'd have told me when my daughter was a newborn that I would still be feeding her past 3, and feeding a newborn at the same time I'd have laughed at you. I'm pretty sure I still have posts on here somewhere about how I'd never feed past 6 months and absolutely not in public! How wrong I was...:haha::blush:

I've not done any reading up on tandem feeding or what to expect at all, so it's all been a bit strange and taking it as it comes. I had thought she'd weaned when I was pregnant even.

My daughter has struggled adjusting to having her brother around, and I believe feeding her has helped reassure her massively, but she's also been rather difficult. She'll demand the side the baby is having while he's having it, which is causing some issues with engorgement on one side because she will absolutely refuse the side I want her to have. I assume this will all settle down once she's feeling more settled and my supply stabilises.

Is there anyone else out there, and what have your experiences been? :flower: I have to admit, it's such a useful parenting tool at the moment.

I was tandem feeding up until about a month or so ago. My son is almost three, he just wound down his feeding and then one day just said he is too big and 'diddy' is for his baby brother now and that was that. However despite no longer being interested himself, he does sometimes get jealous and try to forcefully unlatch the baby by pulling at his cheeks or head :( Thankfully he has never seriously hurt him but it does make him cry, poor thing xx

Oh and there is a 'sticky' thread about tandem nursing at the top of this section :) xx

I've been tandem nursing for 18 months now, and it's been amazing for their relationship. To be honest, I've found it tough, and have cut down my eldest to once a day, but it's been worth it.

The sticky is a great place to look, and I recommend reading Adventures in Tandem Nursing to anyone who'll listen. It really does seem to cover everything in a very non-judgemental way.

Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->