Anyone try pineapple and did it work

tillyttc

Reaction score
I have 11 days to good plz give your stories on eating pineapple to induce labour. Xx

I did with my first but it didn't work. It just made my mouth feel funny cause I ate so much.

I'd like to know if it worked for anyone as well, pineapple has been a huge aversion during first and second tri so I haven't looked at it this tri lol and would rather not unless it's for sure going to help move things along:haha:

I've read that you would have to eat an insane amount (including the core) to get any result. Even then, nothing is guaranteed..

Nope, it did not work for me. Thankfully, it's my favorite fruit

I ate a whole pineapple on Saturday, more because I was craving it than to induce labour. It didn't do anything. I read after that you'd have to eat 7 pineapples including the cores, for it to actually build up enough of the chemical to do anything at all.

I ate half a pineapple the day before I had Macie, she was born at 39weeks but looking back, I'd already lost my plug by that point so it was only a matter of time before labour started!

I really hope it doesn't do anything as pineapple has been one of my cravings this whole time ( pineapples and mandarin oranges!!)

Oh my gosh it's been ages since I've mandarin oranges! I'm going to have to send DH out to get some tomorrow.

Lol my first pregnancy I ate tons at the end and just got a sore mouth. Didnt help bring on labour.

I'm due now with my second one and I ate a spicy dinner topped with pineapple for dessert then ate some for breakfast. I was running to the washroom all morning but no labour lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->