Anyone TTC and Bipolar?

ASarahK

Reaction score
Hi ladies- TTC #2, for over a year (passively... SO is okay with an 'accident' but not ready to purposefully schedule the deed...).

M/C over the summer at 10wks. Not that 'normal' women don't get depressed after m/c or during ttc, but I feel like I'm being subjected to a special kind of torture being Bipolar type 2 (rapid cycling).

The TWW feels AWESOME (cuz I just know this time it's gonna be a BFP) and then of course the crashing depression of AF. Between AF and O, it's a freakin rollercoaster of crazy. :wacko:

I can't be the only one!!

OMG!! Me! Me! Been diagnosed with type 2 for about 7 years. So glad im not the only one! TTC #1 here. Worried my mood swing and (very necessary) medication will effect being able to conceive. Did you have any trouble with #1?

I'm not Bipolar, but I have Mood Disorder NOS, which in my opinion is pretty darn close! I was actually diagnosed as Bipolar Type 1 before the diagnosis of Mood Disorder NOS came. The psychiatrists/psychologists decided I didn't fit the criteria for Bipolar exactly. My current list of psychological diagnoses also includes Aspergers, ADD, and Agoraphobia. I certainly worry about how all my mental illnesses and medications will effect a pregnancy if I'm lucky enough to conceive again. I was pregnant once before, 4 years ago, before sadly miscarrying at about 8 weeks. I remember being an emotional wreck at the time(didn't help that my ex was a total jerk!). My SO and I just started NTNP, and even though we're not actively trying, since I know there's a possibility of pregnancy it's all I can think about! So I'm in a seemingly endless TWW at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->