Anyone TTC in August?

Lullahbelle12

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Myself and OH are getting married in early August and plan to start trying for a LO straight away. Would love to chat with anyone in a similar position and find out what you're all doing to prepare yourselves!

So far, I've started taking folic acid and I'm trying to get fit and lose a bit of weight so that I'm at my best for TTC.

It's just to frustrating waiting for the time to pass!!

xxx

Yes, we will likely actively be trying in aug... Im not really doing anything to prepare lol... I have some pre-natal vitamins which I will begin taking...

Hi,

Try working out when you are due to ovulate. First response do some great ovulation kits with a digital screen. A bit pricey but at least they are simple to read.

We are TTC, its not working for us at the minute and we know its me thats the problem. But a miracle could happen in August. Enjoy your honeymoon and each other. Don't do what we did and try to turn it in to a baby making romp as the loveliness of your honeymoon will be spoilt

I think we'll essentially be starting in August as well (after finishing my contraceptive pill in July).

I'm taking Santogen prenatal and I've got my DH taking the men's version (with extra zinc). Had a doctor's appointment last week to take some blood to check my rubella immunity but they didn't suggest anything else prior to trying.

I agree it's frustrating now that it's sooo close!

we're TTC at the beginning of September, so not too far off. I am just trying to eat as healthily as possible and doing exercise and also taking Tommy's multivitamins. Good luck with the preparation xx

Oh, Me me me me!!!

Congrats on the wedding! We're waiting until August as that will be our 1 year anniversary (August 16th) and we're going to Hawaii so I want to have some drinks and not worry about morning sickness or anything while we're there.

I'm doing the same thing to prepare for TTC. I started a prenatal vitamin with 1,000 mcg of Folic Acid and I'm trying to lose some weight and get in shape for it. I try to jog, hike, and do yoga. I've also started temping and charting with fertilityfriend.com so that I will have a really good handle on my cycles and have some sort of idea of when I ovulate. It's keeping me busy until August rolls around... seems like forever away but it's so close!

Oh ya and of course we'll trying to straighten everything out finicially and get some home improvements out of the way. There's so much to do!

Do you have a journal yet?

I think I may look into getting an ovulation kit... my oh works midnights so we dont get alot of action and we want to get pg in august so I may use that so we can get pg quick.

Thanks for all your replies ladies, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one trying to be prepared and getting frustrated with the time not passing quickly enough. I think I'll get hubby some of those vitamins with the extra zinc in and I've already baned him from wearing tight underwear!! I've also started charting as well so I know when I've ovulating and when AF is due etc.

It's just so annoying having to wait when I really want to get cracking! But I do want to lose some weight before the wedding and I wouldn't be able to work out as hard as I am doing now if I was pregnant. I'm just hoping and praying that everything goes to plan and that I only have a quick visit to TTC.

I haven't got a journal yet but I've had a read of some of the other ladies' and think I might start one. Have any of you ladies got one? Do you find it useful?

I hope we all have very short stays in TTC and we all get our BFP's fast!!

xxx

I've already baned him from wearing tight underwear!!

Had to tell my hubby off yesterday for putting a laptop on his lap!!! Got to keep those :spermy::spermy: cool!

Plan on discussing this weekend exactly when I'm coming off the pill and we're going to start TTC but I think it will be August. We were originally going to TTC as soon as we got married, but delayed it for financial reasons, so it will be around our anniversary instead. Can't wait.

Good luck when you TTC, hope for a short stay for everyone too

August/september for us too. were NTNP at the mo got my SIL wedding in May so dont want to clash with dates etc. plus im suppose to be bridemaid.
im taking folic acid and angus castus as my cycles are a bit messed up at the mo from a chemical pregnancy in march.

congratualtions on the wedding

wow you guys are all doing so much! I take my pre-natal vitamins when I remember but thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->