Anyone TTC while BFing/Weaning toddler??

Braven05

Mommy to Avery <3
Reaction score
Just weaned my 2 year old a week and a half ago and she's doing just fine with it but I, on the other hand, am having some crazy body changes. I'm hoping it's a good sign and maybe continued BFing really was making my body not ovulate like normal. Think I'm out for this month but keeping fingers crossed for next cycle. Temping again soon as AF shows. Anyone else? :shrug:

I got pregnant whilst still BFing DD, BF throughout pregnancy and tandem fed for 15 months. I then got AF back and 1 cycle later got pregnant and miscarried. I'm now back to TTC. DS is still going strong and I'm hoping I'll get to tandem again.

That's great...the idea of tandem nursing was a little intimidating I have to admit, lol, but I was willing to do it...unfortunately I just wasn't falling pregnant. Saw my gyn a few weeks ago and she suggested that maybe the hormones were keeping me from ovulating properly, as I'd had my AF back since my LO was 4 1/2 months old. So we were talking about weaning anyways and decided to see if it was the problem...hoping it helps!

I had loads of "odd" symtoms in the weeks before my fertility returned. After #1 I just went straight from not fertile to ovulating and got pregnant. With DS I had a slower return and an anovulatory cycle.

Crazy body changes are most definately a good sign!

Yes I hope so...I had already had signs of ovulation earlier in the month more on schedule and then I had days and days of constant ewcm...like loads of it...it was crazy...for like probably a week and a half straight, after already having it for a few days around "ov time"

Braven! I remember you, we were pregnant at the same time last I was on here! The last 2 years have flown by so fast! I'm TTC #2 but my son won't budge with the boob. He is addicted to it and it's been so hard to even wean off middle of the day feedings when I'm home with him.
Best of luck! Hope you fall pregnant pretty fast :)

Braven! I remember you, we were pregnant at the same time last I was on here! The last 2 years have flown by so fast! I'm TTC #2 but my son won't budge with the boob. He is addicted to it and it's been so hard to even wean off middle of the day feedings when I'm home with him.
Best of luck! Hope you fall pregnant pretty fast :)

Aww yay, glad to see someone I was pregnant with the first time around! Good luck ttc as well. We haven't used any protection in over a year now so I don't know what the deal is with us but it's super frustrating. I thought Avery was going to be awful with weaning but i guess the fact that we've been slowly cutting down on feedings for a year and were just at 1 a day probably helped. I also started talking to her about a month ahead of time telling her that mommy's milky was going bye bye soon. Don't know if she understood it but there has been next to no complaining. I miss it though lol

Awwww congratulations ladies on the breastfeeding length of time! :) I wish you luck on ttc this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->