Anyone ttc with an underactive thyroid?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wondering if anyone here has an underactive thyroid?
Do you find it affects ttc at all?

I'm thinking of going to the doctors about it as I've been googling (I no asking for trouble!) and it has worried me.

X

I don't know...
I'm getting my blood back this week and I'll know if I have an issue with it then.

What numbers should I have for it to be ok...or not ok, do you know?

I don't know...
I'm getting my blood back this week and I'll know if I have an issue with it then.

What numbers should I have for it to be ok...or not ok, do you know?

Sorry I don't know, my doc did tell me over the phone when I was first diagnosed with it but she told me lots of things at once so not all of it went in! But if it is not ok they will put you on thyroxine, I am on 50 mg as mine was only slightly underactive.

I have hypothyroidism and have been ttc- I'm on synthroid 50 mcg. I know this for sure- your TSH needs to be lesser than 2.5 if you are ttc. My last one was 1.7 but I got my af today. boo. Good luck to u gals!

Hi
I have had an under-active Thyroid since I was 15. I have 2 children and am trying for number 3.

I have linked to an old thread about it.

Click below

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-after-loss/502650-tsh-thyroid-levels.html

I'm on 100mcg of thyroxine and 10mcg of thyronine for an underactive thyroid. My blood tests just came back as normal and although I'm just getting BFNs I have a lot of symptoms.

My doc just gave me a referral to get my blood work done. It's getting testes tomorrow- so we shall see if the thyroid is the issue!

I have hypothyroidism and take 100mcg synthroid per day. Your TSH needs to be in a "normal range" while trying to conceive and close to 1.0 is ideal. My doctor told me the real concern is once you are pregnant, you will need to be closely monitored as your levels can change throughout pregnancy and medications will need to be adjusted.

Are thyroid problems very serious? And are there effective treatments? This all just got brought to my attention this morning, so I am a little unfamiliar. Trying to not to stress about yet another problem. Please tell me there is hope! ;) My appointment is tomorrow morning. My doc said she would call if anything is alarming when she gets the results....

when i was pregnant with my now 3.5yr old, my levels were 3.5 tsh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->