Anyone use BG organic or Gro baby organic nappys?

Gingerspice

Reaction score
A relative has told me about how some of the real nappies now are really user friendly. I quite like the idea of using organic ones if possible, but that are easy to use.
I've looked through the reviews above and I seen someone has rated the Gro baby ones as quite high. These look really interesting and come in all sorts of patterns.

Anyone been using them for a while and still finding them really easy?

There seems to be a similar system for Bum Genius too, which have organic inserts.

Anyone also used these?

BG organics are all in one nappies. We have some and they are fab. They are only available in a few colours but are BTP so last through. They are also very slim fitting :)

No experience on grobabies though i'm afraid x

ah, but the BG ones do work well? Am I right in thining you only need to buy one nappy and it fits from birth to when they're older?

Do they take long to dry?

Thanks

i love my bg organics ! although they take forever to try. you can also get bg flip organics which a lot of people on here also love. lovely and soft and really good containment of lovely little surprises :)

Hi, I wrote the Gro Baby review, fit wise I still love them, and it is great being able to just change the soaker pad if its just a wee and snap in a new one. Also *touch wood* we've never had a leak in them, the leg gussets are fab and we use ours as an everyday nappy for at home. They wouldnt last overnight, as Chloe wee's for England!!

The BG Organics are an all in one nappy, one use then wash, but did you mean the BG Flips, where you can change the Organic insert for a new one? I prefer the Gro Baby's to the Flips as the Gro Baby insert popper inside so no moving about, the Flips just lay inside. I think the leg gussets are better on the GB's too, plus I didnt like the outer feel of the Flips too much and they only have the 3 colours!! On the plus tho, the Organic inserts for the Flips do dry quicker then the GB ones, as they unfold flat, whereas the GB ones are a thicker pad.

The GB inserts do takes ages to dry without a dryer, it's not so much a problem as we have about 18 soakers and about 8 shells, the shells dry in a few hours indoors on an airer so they are ready to use again by the evening but as the inserts take overnight and some of the next day to dry (unless I put them on radiators) its good to have enough spare to cover their long drying time, or use a tumble dryer. I'm sure come summer when they're out on the line in the sunshine they will probably dry much much quicker!

The GB can be expensive to buy, I think they probably are a bit more expensice then the Flips, but I think the GB are better made and will be longer lasting, especially the covers. Now that Chloe's drinking more the inserts are getting really full so I've started to use the extra booster in it, but there's plenty of room to use anykind of extra booster really.

We couldnt get on with the Flips the fit was bad and they leaked, but she was a lot smaller then, we prefer the velcro for a tighter fit and I think the Gro Baby's are trimmer as the soakers are shaped a little, rather then then BG's which make her look more sumo like!!

If you can I'd buy a few of each, even preloved would do just to try (although not many people are selling Gro Babys as they are still quite new over here) you never really know which ones will fit your LO better or you'll prefer!

If you have any qs give me a shout xx

lol, yes it took me forever to try them :rofl:

Yes they last right through - sorry BTP is birth to potty. I do find them pretty absorbant (not my most absorbant but by far not the least) but they do take an age to dry :)

As sugarpuff said, you can also buy organic bumgenius flips :)

If you decide to buy BGs, they are 20% off at BabiPur at the mo!

I love my BG AIO Organics, they made up 100% of my stash for quite a few months, and I use them now for when I need something slim fitting or extra absorbent. They last a lot longer for us than any other nappy I own, they are my fail-safe works when nothing else does nappy!

I just thought I'd add my bit...

I LOVE MY BG AIO ORGANICS!!!! Best thing I ever bought. They are BTP, but under 4kg they won't really work- I had to wait 2 weeks, so used sposies in the meantime.

Like the others said, only problem is long drying time... But thats just an excuse to buy more colours!

ooh thanks everyone. I think I'll order a couple of samples and give them a go.

I would like to try without a tumble drier first off, but we may find its needed come winter so I'm not necessarily not going to buy one.

Thats really useful.

Babipour have money off BG at the min x

https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/Wash...771/bumGenius_Organic_Offer/product_info.html

i dont have a tumble dryer, i find most of my nappies (microfibre/cotton) dry on the radiators in a few hours, bamboo/hemp ones get put on the maiden and dry in a few days

x

i love my bg organics they are the slimest btp organic nappies i have (i have 10 of them) they're also really flexible and adjust well.

i think the biggest decision you have really is poppers or velcro/aplix as bg organics and flips are both poppered, and gro baby are all velcro with the exception of the vanilla one which is poppered.

i'm waiting on a gro baby to test at the mo!

The GB inserts do takes ages to dry without a dryer, it's not so much a problem as we have about 18 soakers and about 8 shells, the shells dry in a few hours indoors on an airer so they are ready to use again by the evening but as the inserts take overnight and some of the next day to dry (unless I put them on radiators) its good to have enough spare to cover their long drying time, or use a tumble dryer. I'm sure come summer when they're out on the line in the sunshine they will probably dry much much quicker!

The GB can be expensive to buy, I think they probably are a bit more expensice then the Flips, but I think the GB are better made and will be longer lasting, especially the covers. Now that Chloe's drinking more the inserts are getting really full so I've started to use the extra booster in it, but there's plenty of room to use any kind of extra booster really.

You say you have 18 soakers and 8 shells...do you find this enough? How often do you do washing and how long do you find having 18 soakers last for? I'm wondering how many shells and inserts I would need to buy if I went with the GB system as they are quite pricey - but prefer the look of them to the BG Flips.

Thanks

I use probably about 2/3 shells a day so that's probably 5/6 changes and soakers. I would say 2/3 inserts to a shell is about right, Chloe is on high energy formula that makes her wee really concentrated so it smells very stongly of ammonia (sorry is tmi) so I usually only use a shell twice max but for normal weeing babies you could probably use it another time or so.

Although poos are contained extremely well, a bit always finds its way onto the leg gusset so after a poo the shell always goes into the nappy bin. Although I'd rather put her in a Gro Baby then anything else when I know she's due a poo as it contains it so well!!

I do a wash every 3rd day and dont usually run out, but I do have about 15 other nappies that I use as well, so I couldnt say if 18 soakers and 8 shells would be enough if you were using Gro Babys solely on their own, washing every 3rd day and was line drying!

I'm not sure when your due but new solid colour prints are out in June and new patterns are out in autumn, not sure when we'll be getting them over here tho. Plus they are releasing a new product called Gro Via at the end of this month, no one really knows what it is, whether it's a cheaper version or something new entirely, follow them on fb for the announcement if your interested but as before, I'm sure when it will be released here whatever it is!!

I wouldnt go out and buy a full set for a few hundred pound as you never really know whats best for your baby till you can try it out, I bought lots of BG AIO Organics then realised we couldnt get a good enough fit on Chloe and OH hated doing the poppers up! You do get a better fit with velcro and the Gro Baby velcro is lovely and strong but it will make your nappies look older quicker, as they go a bit bobbly. So I would deff get a small tester kit and see how you go, lots of people swear by Flips and they are cheaper but I just depends on the baby (and the one doing all the changes!).

I got the small £45 starter kit to start with, you get 2 shells, 4 soakers and 2 boosters, so enough for 4 changes, might be worth trying that first when baby is here and getting a few flips - there are using preloved ones going cheaply on here on cloth nappy tree.

P.S sorry for the ramble!! I got mine from https://www.funkymonkeypants.com/gro-baby.html as they were the cheapest at the time and I'm pretty sure they still are, everywhere else does it for £55 I think!

HTH xx

Oh just had a quick look around and it seems that most people use 2-4 shells a day but with newborns you might need 1 or 2 more or to wash every 2nd day. So once you're past the newborn, pooing every minute stage, if you say 3 shells a day on average, wash every 3rd day, have a few spare then the big pack of 12 shells and 24 soakers is probably about right if you just wanted to use the Gro Baby system but as I said we have other nappies too, so it's just a guess!! But still I'd try before you invest that much money!! xx

Oh just found out Gro Via will be the new name for Gro Baby and in the US the old Gro Baby stock is being reduced to make way for the new stock, I'm guessing this will filter through to us at some point so it may be worth holding off on buying any just yet to see if the reductions kick in over here soon xx

Like Mummy_mi suggested, you might not want to buy too many to start within case they don't fit your baby too well. I personally don't really like the Gro Baby diapers but it's mostly because I have a large baby and have issues with them fitting properly- they leave red marks around her legs (but they are so tight that they don't leak, lol) yet the tummy area gapes a bit. But give them a try- they might work for your baby better than they have for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->