Anyone use Lady (or baby) comp?

Cocobelle

Mummy to Georgie
Reaction score
As the title says really, does anyone use a Lady Comp for birth control?

H and I have been using condoms for ages now but we get fed up with them getting in the way of the 'moment' and now that we are officially WTT, I have started to look more closely at my cycles so that by the time we are ready to start trying, I will have a better idea of when the right time is. I have heard a few people mention the LadyComp and after looking on the website I must say it looks good, but is it really safe?

The baby Comp looks good too as you can use it for birth control and for TTC!

Hi!
I've never used either the Lady or the Baby Comp but I don't really think you need them anyway. Buy a thermometre for £3 and some paper and your good to go. www.fertilityfriend.com is supposed to be really good for charting temperatures as well. All the Ladycomp does is remind you to take your temperatures and do the analysis for you, but sites like fertilityfriend will do that as well and it's REALLY easy to do by hand as well.
If you chart your temperatures and monitor either cervical mucus or cervix position then the method is as safe as the pill (IF you don't have sex at all on fertile days, if you do using condoms then of course it's only as safe as the condoms are). If you're interested in charting I'd invest in a book. Personally I love Tony Wechsler's "Taking Charge of your Fertility" (and I frequently say so on here, people probably think she's paying me by now). But I'm sure there are others that are just as helpful.
If you don't quite "trust" yourself and your calculations (though you'll see that it's really easy) then I'd invest in a Persona instead. Persona monitors hormone levels so gives you a back-up for your charting that's based on a different type of data. It's what I do and I'm really happy with it, as it a.) makes me feel safe and b.) tells me so much about my cycles.

Thank you so much for replying to me and i am really pleased that you recommend reading Tony Wechsler's "Taking Charge of your Fertility" as I bought that last week and have been slowly working my way through it, actually I think it has been reading that has has made me panic a little and think that I need some thing extra as back up, hence my post.

Thank you for also recommending the Persona, I have had a look at it and its a lot cheaper than the Lady-Comp!

May I ask how long it took you to start getting your head around it enough to know that you are doing it well enough to be used as a reliable form of contraception? I am a member of FF and while I have only been charting a few days, I do think i will get to grips with it soon, its the other stuff I am struggling with! One bit of Cm looks pretty much like another to me and I have more chance of trying to find my way blindfolded to the North Pole than I do of locating my CP!

I think I best order that Persona......

We use the LadyComp and we love it. It is expensive to buy, but we save on condoms. It's as safe as the pill as long as you stick to green days. Yellow days are NOT safe, LadyComp does say they're not but some people seem to think they know better and then wind up with yellow day babies! Sex without condoms is sooooo much better, both physically and emotionally, and there isn't any interruption to the moment. My period also never creeps up on me as a couple of days before I'm due LadyComp starts prompting me. I know exactly when I'm fertile, and exactly when I ovulate, and I can also look ahead up to six days for a prediction of what colour day it will be. I can't recommend LadyComp enough.

I have one and I think it's worth the money, rather than trying to interpret it yourself! The book is good, but the LC works it out for you. I trust it, only pregnancies I've heard are from yellow days!

I'm using fertility friend and like it...but now I'm not so sure if I need to change since Lady Comp seems incredibly helpful!

FF works the more info you put into it., I've found. You can stick to just temperatures and CM, but the changes in mood, other symptoms you might feel when PMSing, fertile or ovulating can clue you into your cycle better. I think it's on special too-I got a year for only $45-not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->