anyone use tot bots bambozzles?

Bumbled Bee

Reaction score
I have bought about 20 of these second hand, but I can't quite work out if im doing it right.

They are size 1's but seem so big! I put them on him plus the wrap and I can't even get his clothes to fit. Is that how it is for everyone else?

Also, when he pees, the whole nappy absorbs the pee, so he's wet everywhere, plus the wrap is wet. It just doesnt seem very efficient. Maybe i'm doing it wrong?

I was very excited about using cloth nappies, but now i'm not so sure....

any help?

Tots Bots nappies are quite chunky but they usually work very well. It's normal for the nappy to get wet so the wrap can be humid on the inside but should be dry on the outside to keep his clothes dry. If he's leaking through them then it could just need an extra booster placed in, but usually bamboozles are very absorbent. To avoid his bum from being left rubbing against the wet nappy (as bamboo stays wet) it's a good idea to use a fleece liner - the pee will go through keeping his bum dry.
Also as they're second hand it could just be that they need a good strip wash? And make sure for your regular wash you don't use too much detergent (1/4 of normal wash) and no softners.
As for clothes fitting like I said the downside to TotsBots is they're chunky... so for things like bodysuits it's a good idea to get a pack of vest extenders and for trousers buy him the size up; or just use baby legs now it's warmer; unless you buy clothes which are cut for cloth like Frugi. Note that not all nappies are like that big so don't let that put u off, you can find some nice more slimming types (which are pretty similar in size to disposables when on) such as Itti Bitti etc that you might want to consider when you'll need size 2.

Are they the bamboo bamboozles or the cotton ones? the Cotton ones are much less absorbent. Bamboozles do get wet all over, it was one of the reasons, along with the bulk, that I didnt like them. However lots of people get on with them really well and you an use them with Wool or Fleece soakers/shorts so you dont need an extra 'clothes' layer on top at all. As said using a fleece liner will keep bottoms nice and dry.
There are other, less bulky brands out there though.

Mine become soaked but I did notice a difference when I gave them a few more washes, mine were pre-loved but not very used at all (think they bought but only washed them a few times). I think the nappy itself does get very wet but the wraps should keep it in however the only wraps that fit my son at the moment are his size 0 fleece and cotton ones which don't work well so I am looking forward to him fitting into the PUL size 1 wraps! I would say they are bulky but no more than my other cloth nappies, I have about 2-3 non bulky cloth nappy brands but they keep almost nothing in so are not worth using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->