• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone use/used Nutramigen?

ourturnnext

Reaction score
Just wondering for those whose babies have been, or are being, fed with Nutramigen how you found it?

We're on our third day of it now, Molly's had no problem taking it but she never seems to be full. I dunno if that's to do with the milk or her growth spurt though.

And the green poo... I know it says on the tin that they're to be expected, but my goodness they are spectacular and so smelly!

Pud is on nutramigen lipil 1 and has been for around 3 weeks now. He only takes it if its very warm but he's doing fab on it, gained 1lb 3oz in 2 weeks!!

The poop is rather grim tho, especially the smell.

I can't wait to get Molly weighed, she's got so big in the last week alone since I reduced breastfeeding. So will be interested to see how much weight she's gained.

How did your little one end up on it? I kind of wish we'd got it sooner x

Will has been on it since 8 weeks. Yep, the poo is horrible! Will's are still explosive liquid, the only nappies that can contain them are Asda Action Fit or their newborn range as they have a double leg cuff.

We had real problems getting Will to eat due to a major oral aversion, but he glugs it down now. His weight has remained steady since he started eating normally again. As it goes through them so fast they do tend to drink more. At nearly six months, we are still feeding every three hours during the day.

Will is doing so well on it, combined with ranitidine and domperidone he was a new baby within a week. We haven't had a single bad reflux episode since starting it, although we do notice him refluxing (now painlessly!) if the doses of his meds become too low. After speaking to our paed, he will stay on the milk until he is two.

My little boy has just been put onto it 2 days ago. He drinks about 4-5oz every 3 hours but still sleeps thought the night. He was previously on cow and gate and used to take 6-7oz every 3-4 hrs. he was diagnosed when I took him to hospital with a perineal abcess and watery/bloody mucous poo. He was also very unsettled and would have unexplained crying fits. He's much better in himself now and his poo is no longer bloody but is now dark green and smells really disgusting! Does anyone know if they will grow out of the allergy? Dreading when he is older how much he will miss out on.

How did your little ones get diagnosed? X

My LO has been on it since 6 weeks. She got diagnosed CMPI and soya intolerence on based on symptoms (24/7 screaming fits, constipated, bloated, couldn't be put down, severe reflux) we started having issues at 9 days and everything else had been excluded. Medication for reflux wasn't helping either. She was BF until we switched to Nutramigen and she started improving within hours. It took time for her feeding pattern to establish (we also switched during a growth spurt) we started on 4oz, but upped it to 5oz within days. She went to 6oz at 10 weeks. Now she takes 5x 6oz bottles a day. She's showing signs of wanting 7oz a time, but her stomach can't handle it bless her, and it all comes back up.

I'm not sure whether I've got used to her poops or whether they have improved over time on it. Certainly the first week they were horrendous and explosive so they have definitely improved from that!

Most LO's do grow out of the allergies. We have a dietician appointment on Friday and they will guide us through dairy and soya challenges to see if she still reacts starting at 6 months. If she does then we will try again at 9 months and so on.

We haven't been officially diagnosed - our gp says he wouldn't 'officially diagnose' dairy allergy in a baby (he seemed very disinterested) but agreed that's what it sounds like. She had runny, murky green poo with mucus and blood in, which improved when I cut dairy out of my diet. Then we hit a growth spurt and my milk supply started drying up so on the advice of the health visitor I asked doc for prescription formula. She also said it was ok to use SMA Wysoy but said get prescription to save ourselves some money!

Its so nice only getting one poo a day now and seeing my skinny baby filling out already. Her spit-up's improved so much too.

nutramigens great, amazing formula! the transition was hard for us as its much different than other formulas, but my daughter thrived.. it does get better !

Hi my lg is on nutramigen aa. Its been a god send! BUT ever since the change she has been waking for a bottle in the night :S Is is less filling or something? or just a growth spurt maybe x

Hi my lg is on nutramigen aa. Its been a god send! BUT ever since the change she has been waking for a bottle in the night :S Is is less filling or something? or just a growth spurt maybe x

I noticed Molly started crying at 4am too, which she never had done before, she did go to sleep when I popped her dummy back in but I wondered if it might be hunger.

I started giving her a little bottle, like maybe 3 or 4oz at 9.30pm now just before she goes to sleep, even though that takes us over the daily recommendation, for her age, but I found she sleeps thru the night again now. Not sure if that's down to her spurt or the milk.

I'm gonna ask the health visitor at the first clinic back after Christmas next week.

Anyone noticed the poop smells a little bit metallic??

We tried it and after two feeds we had a projectile vomit explosion!! So went straight back to neocate.
Izzy will go through stages where she will refuse to drink and she ends up in hospital though.
She use to only drink very cold but now will only drink warm.x

Yeah I've noticed that metallic smell!

Turns out he hadn't developed an allergy, he had a stomach bug which turned out to be salmonella! I couldn't believe it and have been completely wracking my brain to think where the hell he picked it up from as we are very careful when it comes to cleaning/ sterilising.

But because he takes this milk so much better the doctor said he can stay on it!

BethH my little one brought it up after his third feed but keeps it down now, maybe it was just her tummy getting used to it?

Keelan's smell rather eggy :sick:

I accidentally left a bottle in the bedroom for like 2 days and it had totally gone off smelt just like his poop, it was so minging :dohh:

We thought that but have tried her on it again recently and the same thing happened. She can't tolerate any dairy :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->