AnyOne watch living with the Amish?

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
It's soooo interesting!!!

This community intrigues me so much, is there any US ladies who know much about them? I was wondering what would happen if they get ill, as in a more serious condition? They can't have doctors there can they, I'm assuming they dont go to uni!? And do thy pay taxes like everyone else if they don't use government services ect.. .
I want To live with the Amish!... Not sure about the outfit though:wacko!!!

I wanted to watch this but have missed them all, is there a way to catch up on them. :)

https://watchseries.eu/serie/living_with_the_amish

So far I have only seen the first two episodes but I love it. I would live to live like that, except for the God thing. Religion and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Lol.

I bloody missed this weeks but will watch it on catch up! It's certainly a different choice of life. Women do everything for the household and men to out to work. They are self sufficient so they don't rely on stuff like we do. Hugs and kisses are for your husband/wife only and I have such an issue with this alone. I think hugs show love and affection and doesn't make you a bad person when someone is upset people give hugs and I couldn't imagine it any other way!! I also rely heavily on my washing machine!

i find it very interesting and like watching/reading about the amish ......... i think i could live that way to a certain degree....maybe not totally amish....i like the idea of a more simple life..... xxx

I think being self sufficient is fab but I dont think having material items makes you evil. I could not live like that. I could life self sufficient and without material items but living amish way is definitly not for me. I like to have more free will than that.

I saw one and the house had a bit of mould so they knocked it down??! wtf.

some mould types are so dangerous that it would mean the house would have to be demolished, some mould types can kill.

i think although i cans see an element of charm in their way of life, they are just so ignorant. Imagine going though life not knowing about the other side of the world, never going to far flung places and never meeting people of different cultures and races. All the experiences you would miss out on, experiences dont make people greedy and evil.

The worse thing i saw was an amish family whos daughter had lukaemia and they wouldnt allow her to be treated properly for it or stay for long periods in hospital, it was so saddening to watch.

i like the amish, but if all the things id have to miss out on to live like that mean that im evil, then id rather be evil- i cant comprehend not hugging my family.

I saw the one with leukemia too.

:( very sad

They didnt even check the mold though to see if it could be treated, I have mold all around my windows that I have to wipe every day and its fine, they did not even check lol.

I hate anything being associated with the devil. I dont believe in the devil so I dont associate anything with evil. Its just scare tactics.

agreed, but im a strong athiest

the house thing is quite wasteful then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"