Anyone who claimed £500 grant after birth

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a question about the application form for the sure start maternity grant. I'm applying for this just in case I qualify, I highly doubt it but because both myself and my partner had a low income in 2007-2008 I thought it was worth a try. Haven't got child tax credit notification yet, can I send the form off and just tick the box that I'm waiting to hear back about the claim? What would happen from there, would I just need to let them know as soon as I hear anything?
Also, who would I get to fill out the back part of the form now I have been discharged from my midwife care? Would a GP do or would it need to be the health visitor?
Thanks in advance :)

i got it and i didnt have the child tax thing confirmed. I just put a note at the side of the ticky box and also in extra info saying that i was waiting for confirmation but following a conversation i was to expect it to be at the higher rate. I sent it off and they gave me the payment 4 days later, with out me having to provide cofirmation from child tax.

Health visitor filled the form in for me. Some GPs charge for stuff like that.

To receive it you need to get more than £545 child tax credit per year.

Have you used https://www.entitledto.com?

Put your details in that and it'll tell you how much you can expect from Tax Credits (They can do a calculation for 2009-2010 too). So then you will know if you are eligable (Just x the weekly child tax credit rate by 52 weeks to see it it comes to more than £545).

They usually pay it out really quickly :)

Good luck xx

Where do you get the form from ? I am hoping I may be entitled to this (fingers crossed) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->