Anyone who had pre-e

mumj18

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Looking for some advice from anyone who had pre-e and had the lights in eyes and disturbed vision side of it.

I had pre-e with last baby and was induced at 39+2 which was fine as I was far enough on. I'm currently 26 weeks and over the last week have had 2 or 3 bad headaches and also lights in my eyes. I'll see something in the corner of my eye then try to look and see if it's there again and it's gone. Does that sound familiar to anyone? The dots/lights are either bright green or black.

Thanks for any advice. Am worried about being overanxious throughout this pregnancy due to what happened last time!

xx

Hiya

I had pre e at 28 weeks with my little one at which stage she was delivered via Csection. I had the visual disterbances and from what I can remember they were like little floating black dots that came and went as I blinked my eyes. I remember thinking at the time when the doctors were asking me if I had visual disterbances whether they were it or not and I'm still not 100% sure if it was. Best bet would be to speak to your midwife if your unsure.
Fingers crossed for you that it's not pre e

X

That's scary as I feel like that's what I have. I'm never 100% sure if I've seen anything! I hate to phone midwife as think she'll just be thinking I'm worrying too much and would feel silly if I went in and bp and everything were fine. xx

Never be afraid to call the midwife, that's what they're there for Hun. I think when you've had pre-e once before it makes you extra worried. They can quickly and easily test you for protein in your wee and if it comes back ok you'll have that piece of mind. Sat at home worrying won't do you any good. Since I've had my little one I notice that when I'm tired I sometimes get the same spots in my eyes every now and then so it's not always pre-e. If your worried please call the midwife or GP.
X

Your right hun. Will give my maternity unit a phone and hopefully go get checked out xx

Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine but it's always a good idea to get checked out
X

any news?

I had pre-eclampsia and it seems everything but the flashing lights!

best wishes

Go get checked out. I started getting floaty black spots in front of my eyes at about 24 weeks, urine dips were fine though. Admitted and discharged 3 times. At 27+2 they did a urine dip while bp was high and found +2 protein, turns out my liver was spewing out protein only during the elevated times. Blood tests showed my liver was actually pretty ropey, within 3 days I'd developed full HELLP syndrome from pre-e, which has a 25% morbidity or mortality rate (most common is that you need a liver or kidney transplant) and the only treatment is to deliver the baby. So my little girl was born 2 hours later. Always bother them if something doesn't seem right to you, it is most definitely better to be safe than sorry.

Go get checked out. I started getting floaty black spots in front of my eyes at about 24 weeks, urine dips were fine though. Admitted and discharged 3 times. At 27+2 they did a urine dip while bp was high and found +2 protein, turns out my liver was spewing out protein only during the elevated times. Blood tests showed my liver was actually pretty ropey, within 3 days I'd developed full HELLP syndrome from pre-e, which has a 25% morbidity or mortality rate (most common is that you need a liver or kidney transplant) and the only treatment is to deliver the baby. So my little girl was born 2 hours later. Always bother them if something doesn't seem right to you, it is most definitely better to be safe than sorry.

Oh jeez how scary!!
My thread is a week or so old now but have had a couple of headaches since then and some visual disturbances. Have appointment on Tuesday so will mention all of this to midwife and see if she can arrange some more frequent bp monitoring as to me every 6 weeks isn't enough when I have a history of pre-e xxx

Yeah I had the black dots in my eyes from about 24 weeks but didnt think anything of it till my 28week appointment and baby was delivered next day, all happened so fast.

Being checked every 6 weeks is crazy! If u have a history they should check u more than that! Defo sounds like u need checked up on anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->