Anyone who has come of dianette....

fairypop

Mummy to a lil' goblin
Reaction score
I am in the WTT just before TTC camp!
I came off dianette in Nov and am waiting for my first proper AF. Anyone else here in a similar situation. Does anyone know how long it takes for your cycle to regulate, I am getting very frustrated about it!!!!:coffee:

I have been told it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to regulate. I would go see your doctor though and see what they will do for you. Most doctors don't want you going to long without a period because chronic amennorhea can cause uterine cancer due to too much estrogen build up (obviously here and there you should not have to worry about that).
I was in the same situation and was put on progesterone to kick start my period. I went 3 months without a period after being on the pill for nearly 10 years. I was not put on a strong enough dose, however, and it did not work for me. I ended up getting my period on my own 2 weeks after coming off of the progesterone. Good luck!!!:hugs:

WOW I didn't know they were still allowing people to use dianette!! It can take up2 a year for them to regulate....somepeople have been :sex: before they got their first period since coming off the pill and ended up getting pregnant without even knowing!!! Good luck hun xx

Thanks for info. I have bad pains this evening, but I can't remember what period pains are like so don't know whether it is the start of it or not...or maybe ovulation pains, or maybe something completely different! Who knows!!!

I was on the Dianette BCP, came off beginning of Sept 2009, had my withdrawal bleed end of Sept, have not had AF since, i also have PCOS, so not too sure if that is contributing to it at all.

It has been 9 mths since i came off BCP, and only now have a started my AF.

Hi hun,

I came of Dianette in November 2008, and then didn’t have an AF at all for 16months after that, it didn’t come back until I had an operation to see what was going on in February 2010.

Dianette is a buggeer, and I will never ever go on it again. My cycles are still not back to normal, I have a light 2 day AF then 32 days later a 12 day heavy one…it’s a mess!

Hi ladies, I wad in dianette for 11 years, came off it and 2 weeks later had my bfp..... no period in between.... Dr at the time said its quite common for fertility to actually increase after coming off the pill, so don't get too hung up over having regular af

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->