Anyone with a 3-4 year age gap?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
What's it like? My LO will be 3 and 11 months when baby arrives, but probably more like a three year old. I'm wondering how I can expect him to cope with it all? He's extremely excited at the moment and adores babies. That said, at a party last summer he got very upset by my OH holding another baby and hit the baby (apologised and gave baby a hug, but still). I'm just wondering what things will be like really!

4 years here and its great ! My oldest loves helping she's independent with toilet getting dressed etc which keeps my hands free for my baby. When the oldest is in pre school I get quality baby time and when baby naps and goes to bed earlier than my oldest we Get quality time doing things where she can have my undivided attention which I think is important to give both kids at some points in the day x

We have a 3 yr 2 month gap and its been great- Izzy was so excited when Poppy was born, she was so helpful in the newborn stages getting nappies etc, and even now, i call her Poppy's second mum. She praises her, helps her get her shoes on etc and Poppy adores her! X

So LO came home from the childminders today and I asked him what he'd been playing, and he said he'd been playing big brother, and the other little boy who goes there (he's 2) has been the baby :cloud9: I really hope this excitement lasts!

I love my 31/2 year age gap. Age 1-2 was tougher than the beginning stage (where she loved him being a baby and now when they really do play together.

3 year 9 months here and it's honestly been a great age gap for us! My kids are incredibly close to one another (even strangers and Hannah's teacher have commented on what a great bond those two have!). Hannah was old enough to do some things on her own which was nice. And she never really got jealous of her brother which was also really nice. If we were to have another I'd aim for the same age gap (but we're not having any more haha I'm done at 2)

I have a larger gap between my daughters and my son.
With my Charity the gap is 6.5 years, and with Alyssa the gap is 4.5 years.
Charity and Alyssa actually were never very close (they are only 2 years apart at 11 and 9) until this year. All of a sudden it happened and they get along and treat each other wonderfully.
With their brother James, who is 5, they have always been motherly towards him. They have been great with him, though get more annoyed as he grows older and bolder. :)

My kids will be exactly 5 years apart (DS was born on the 26th, baby is due on the 30th!). It's larger than I would have wanted as before kids I imagined having a 2 year gap but I had my son young and wanted to finish University before having another so we waited a while. This baby wasn't planned but I'm happy with the gap! I like that we can involve my son a bit more as he understands more than he would if he was younger, he's always talking about 'his baby' haha

We have 3 years and a month between our two and they adore each other. My eldest loved my little boy strait away and she's a little mummy to him. She likes to help with nappies, give hugs and shows him his toys. She will also sing to him to help him sleep and acts a clown to make him laugh. While he has been learning to crawl (does mostly backwards) she has been showing him how and likes to pick out clothes and toys for him. She hasn't been jealous of him and adored him from day one. She is also protective of him. Its a great age gap

There are 3 years 3 months between my two boys (my daughter and first son are only 17 months apart) and I must say, its MUCH easier this time round! :thumbup: Kilian only really got 'jealous' for the first couple of days after Jason was born - actually he was much 'worse' in the month leading up to the birth :dohh: He wouldn't go anywhere alone, not to playgroup, nowhere, even with his sister - he was stuck to me like GLUE. But as soon as Jason was born we made sure he knew he still had his place and its been lovely ever since.
He does get a bit rough with him now and then, b/c Jase is old enough to start 'playing' with... yesterday he kinda body checked him while they were having a crawling race :roll: But I think that's less to do with jealously than the way boys play! :dohh:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->