• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone with Previa or Accreta?

stephj25

Reaction score
I had undiagnosed Increta with my first. This was noticed after the birth of my baby (now 2 years old) and I was rushed to theatre where I had 9 units of blood transfused.

Fast forward 2 years - I am now pregnant again and my consultant has booked an MRI scan for 34 weeks to check for accreta. Unfortunately, at my 20 week scan, I was also diagnosed with Complete placenta previa which is a little posterior. I have been advised that I could have severe bleeding at any time and the possiblility of a prem birth. They also said that it's not likely to move. :cry:

Has anybody else got this? I haven't really got anyone to talk to and all I read from googling is horror stories

Hiya :flower:

I have placenta previa too. At my 20 week scan the placenta was only very partially covering the edge of my cervix but at my 32 week rescan they told me it is now completely covering it. I have been booked in for a C Section at 38 weeks but have a rescan at 36 weeks just in case, by some miracle, it has moved. I have not had any bleeding yet although I know there is a chance that could happen. I just wanted to reassure you that so far everything has been absolutely fine - if it was not for the scans I would not even know I had it. I am so glad it has been picked up now though so we can safely plan for the birth.

Do you have any more scans booked? I agree that Google is full of horror stories and is best avoided!

Hi there!i have to say iv never found another person who's had an accreta!
I had an accreta with my first preg undiagnosed.i had a few big bleeds throughout my preg including one where I was nearly delivered at 33 weeks but they never found the cause.i lost 2 litres before they stopped the bleeding but I had infections and went for a d&c a week later and they diagnosed an accreta through pathology because it was so hard to remove.
With my second i also had a full previa which was dipping right down into my shortening cervix at 20 weeks.i never had testing for a recurrence of the accreta my ob just planned an early ceaser. The previa corrected itself by the time my waters broke at 36 weeks and had moved just enough out of the way, I had a ceaser and still bled a decent amount and had quite a few clots left over from risidual bleeding but the ceaser prevented the heamerage as they were already in there to stop any bleeding.

I was just diagnosed with complete previa--my entire cervix is covered. I'm 12 weeks and scared so I know how you feel. My placenta got stuck during my third delivery and had to be manually removed (had no drugs to boot). I bled quite a lot and required a shot to make my blood clot quicker. Previa is new to me but I will be following your thread.

Hi ladies, thanks for responses. It's nice to not feel alone on this emotional rollercoaster!! I hope everything goes well.
I had my midwife appointment on Friday and she confirmed that there's not much chance of it moving as it's complete but it's posterior. She explained that it moves forward and up so it's nice likely to cheat the way if I had anterior.
This is my second and last pregnancy. Apparently my body doesn't cope well. I had increta with the first as well as appendicitis at 35 weeks and now I have this to worry about. Sometimes I wish.they hadn't told me. At least with my accreta I didn't know about it so therefore didn't worry!!

Is anyone been told not to do stuff? I've been told, no travelling more than 30 mins, pelvic rest, no exercising and no lifting

Hi ladies! I will join in! I also have a complete placenta previa that is ever so slightly anterior. I was diagnosed with it at 20+2 via ultrasound at our routine anomaly scan. I have had absolutely no bleeding or even spotting this entire pregnancy. I have been told that most previa are diagnosed due to bleeds but for me this was not the case.

I am going for a check on it next Friday (oct 17th) to see if it has moved or shows signs of moving. If it has not moved I will be scheduled for a csection at 36 weeks (dec 8th) so it is very scary especially the waiting to see if I can still plan on having a natural birth like I had with my son.

I am scared to death of needing a csection... I can hardly sleep...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->