Aptaclub; A Must!

MBGibbs

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)
I'm just popping over from third trimester just to say make sure you sign up to Aptaclub on the website, because I wish I had at the beginning of my pregnancy. They send you really free posh looking parcels with good sample things in! Rather impressed.
Good luck with your pregnancies!
Xxx

Now I'm probably being really daft and blind at the same time, but I can't find it...? Could someone be so kind as to post a link???

Thanks in advance, from brain dead Loopy here :blush:

x

If your planning on breastfeeding be careful with joining a formula club, especially if you read any of their "advice". This is advertising, they want you to buy their products. The breastfeeding advice is often worded to set you up to fail. They want to flood you with imagery that will have you swapping to formula or combi feeding and making them money.

Formula companies are not allowed to promote milk aimed at babies under 6 months old in the UK in any way. So no TV adverts, free samples, money off, or even points at Tesco or Boots. So to get around this they do things like set up baby clubs and creative advertising of follow on milk. They don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts- its all to make money.

By all means take their free stuff but don't listen to anything they say on anything. You don't need to "move on" from breastfeeding, and all that "50 years of breast milk research" has shown is that breast milk is absolutely better than anything man made. And if you still think Aptamil is "closest to breast milk" remember they got told off for that and its just the same as every other formula out there.

If your planning on breastfeeding be careful with joining a formula club, especially if you read any of their "advice". This is advertising, they want you to buy their products. The breastfeeding advice is often worded to set you up to fail. They want to flood you with imagery that will have you swapping to formula or combi feeding and making them money.

Formula companies are not allowed to promote milk aimed at babies under 6 months old in the UK in any way. So no TV adverts, free samples, money off, or even points at Tesco or Boots. So to get around this they do things like set up baby clubs and creative advertising of follow on milk. They don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts- its all to make money.

By all means take their free stuff but don't listen to anything they say on anything. You don't need to "move on" from breastfeeding, and all that "50 years of breast milk research" has shown is that breast milk is absolutely better than anything man made. And if you still think Aptamil is "closest to breast milk" remember they got told off for that and its just the same as every other formula out there.

All of the above, and the fact that these things pass your details on to other companies. I was easy pulled in by them all in my first pregnancy - nothing is free really!

I cant breast feed anyway, tried with everyone one of my babies and i dont make anything, still try tho but i feel it will probably be the same problem yet again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->