Are AF twinges sometimes a pg sign?

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
OK, in theory we're NTNP, but you know what it's like ... despite the best will in the world, you start measuring your cycle, timing BD and spotting pregnancy "signs" (which of course almost always turn out to be imaginary).

So ... a Q ... do little AF twinges in the days running up to the start of AF always mean AF will arrive, or sometimes can the things that feel like mild premenstrual twinges/aches/pains turn out to be signs of pg?

Sorry if this is a silly Q. It just feels such a long time ago that I was last in this situation, even though actually our son is only 20 months old. But basically I've forgotten everything I ever knew about TTC/NTNP :dohh:

I tried for 2.5 years for LO and when i was firsst preg i was sure i wasn't because i had period pains!

Hi Colsy :hi:

How long have you been NTNP?
I went totally mad with symptom spotting the first two months and was totally convinced I was pregnant. I felt exactly the same as I did when pregnant on Thomas, queasy, unnaturally tired, etc. Anyway I didn't turn out to be pregnant so I am really trying to just relax and not allow my mind to play tricks on me.

Having said that, AF cramps can definitely be an early pregnancy sign. That is one of the problems with symptom spotting, that most early pregnancy signs can also be a sign of AF and vice versa.

When is AF due?

I has AF like pains when i would have normally been due but was infact pregnant, so it is possible :)

Having said that, AF cramps can definitely be an early pregnancy sign. That is one of the problems with symptom spotting, that most early pregnancy signs can also be a sign of AF and vice versa. When is AF due?

Due any day. Am sure it's AF now, as got all the usual symptoms - clumsy, knackered, a can't-be-bothered type of feeling, and of course the cramps. Oh well, better luck next month :winkwink:

Yes :) I had all my usual pre af symptoms, sore boobs, cramps etc. it took me until I was a week late to realise that actually something was up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->