Are ANY of these positive? These OPKs are TERRIBLE!

alicat20

Mom of 2 awesome boys!
Reaction score
Hi All,
So, this month I'm using a new brand of OPKs and I am finding that they are just horrible. The control line isn't very dark to begin with so it makes it even more difficult to decide if the test line is dark too. I'm having a lot of trouble deciding if I started my surge yet or if I missed it. I see some possible positives on CD 11 and CD 17 (which is today). Still not convinced I've O'd, but I usual O on either CD15 or CD 16 so I'm not sure what's happening. My temps haven't gone up yet so I think I have yet to O. What do you ladies think? Have any of you used these blue-handled OPKs and gotten good, clear positives?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 73
errrrrr, bit of a tricky one!
I'd say your closest would be CD17 AM. Are you usually regular O? could it be possible you havent O'd yet?... wouldnt like to pin anything on those tests, get plenty of BD in! :winkwink:

Def no positives there hun..Mine were like that for days, i finally got my positive yesterday CD27, and today is still going strong.

Thanks girls, I agree that based on these OPKs I haven't ovulated yet, but when I looked back at ALL my charts since my son was born 5 years ago, and I have NEVER ovulated outside of cd 14-17, so this would be VERY strange for me. All the other brands of OPKs i've used have all shown a clear positive around CD 14-16 so I think this brand is just not working for me for some reason. I will keep testing and temping and see what happens I guess. I'm seriously sick of BD so much! My body needs a break! :)

I think CD 17 looks pretty close, did you hold ur urine for at least 3-4 hours before testing on that one? If not maybe its just diluted. oh wait I see were it was in the AM, was it FMU?

Yes, it was first morning urine, and now it seems that my OPKs are getting lighter so I *hope* I O'd somewhere around CD17. My temp shot up today which would make sense but I also have a terrible cold/low grade temp so it's very hard to know whether my BBT is elevated because I ovulated or because I am sick. So frustrating! I don't think this is my month anyways because it's the first month in YEARS I haven't had any real EWCM and now with this whole issue with the OPKs, I'm thinking maybe I didn't ovulate at all. Very annoying, but that's the way it goes I guess. Will keep you updated! Thanks for the input!

https://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n618/knowthyself89/IMG02158-20110724-1938.jpg Can someone please give me their input? Please excuse the photo

Yes, it was first morning urine, and now it seems that my OPKs are getting lighter so I *hope* I O'd somewhere around CD17. My temp shot up today which would make sense but I also have a terrible cold/low grade temp so it's very hard to know whether my BBT is elevated because I ovulated or because I am sick. So frustrating! I don't think this is my month anyways because it's the first month in YEARS I haven't had any real EWCM and now with this whole issue with the OPKs, I'm thinking maybe I didn't ovulate at all. Very annoying, but that's the way it goes I guess. Will keep you updated! Thanks for the input!

For OPKs you should be using afternoon urine. I've read the best time is between 2-4pm. It's something about the hormones being more prevalent in the afternoon. FMU should be saved for HPTs.

https://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n618/knowthyself89/IMG02158-20110724-1938.jpg Can someone please give me their input? Please excuse the photo

It's a little blurry, but I'd say the 3rd one is positive.

You should never use FMU for OPk's the results won't be accurate. You can surge that day and miss it because you tested too early in the day. I hope you temped because the one from CD 17 looked like you were on your way but didn't test in the afternoon or evening.

So, I've read that you should use OPKs only in the afternoon, but for some reason I have only gotten a truly positive OPK by testing first thing in the morning. Strange, huh?

Hi All,
So, this month I'm using a new brand of OPKs and I am finding that they are just horrible. The control line isn't very dark to begin with so it makes it even more difficult to decide if the test line is dark too. I'm having a lot of trouble deciding if I started my surge yet or if I missed it. I see some possible positives on CD 11 and CD 17 (which is today). Still not convinced I've O'd, but I usual O on either CD15 or CD 16 so I'm not sure what's happening. My temps haven't gone up yet so I think I have yet to O. What do you ladies think? Have any of you used these blue-handled OPKs and gotten good, clear positives?

I do think CD 17 AM is positive! I never got a dark positive on OPK's but i got a BFP, so it can happen. Keep temping and then you'll know for sure :) Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->