Are babies more at risk?

Babydance

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I remember someone saying babies who are section babies are more at risk of problems eg respitory problems. Did anyones LO's have any issues at/after birth?

Sorry im asking yous all so many questions! I see my consultant on Wednesday and we will decide what route im taking so i should stop bugging yous then hehe xxxx :hugs:

only difference is babies can be a bit mucousy and maybe a little sick, but once theyve cleared it out its fine.

Thanks hunny! Id rather ask those whove been there rather than google.. google is lethal to pregnant women!! lol xxxx

personally both my girls had no issues, but i've heard theres the risk they need a little help at the time of birth.

My LO had a chest infection, but they said it would have been an infection that started in his stomach and spread to his chest, as he would have swallowed a load of meconium.

My eldest and youngest had no issues, my middle one had premature lungs, nothing to do with section, everything to do with being early and also gestational diabetes.

The risk stems from the baby not traveling through the birth canal and having the liquid pushed out their lungs. There are other risks to CS as well - after all it is major surgery. It's about weighing up the risks etc and making the best decision for your situation.

^^ I agree, but statistically CS babies are more likely to end up in NICU with respiratory problems. I'm honestly not trying to scare anyone, but I do think it's important to be aware of the risks in order to make an educated decision.

My baby had no problems related to the c-section. She did have to have a hip scan because they thought her hip had dislocated at birth (!!) with her being breech but she was fine thank goodness. Also she had to have heel prick tests every 3 hrs and her temp taken at the same time because she as small and needed lots of cuddles to regulate her temperature. But these were not related to the c section.

My baby had no problems once they suctioned the mucous out, he had no NICU time thankfully!

however babies born vaginally have a higher risk of losing oxygen and going into distress from getting stuck in the birth canal or not being able to fit through the pelvis in labour so as far as that goes I would say its not always safer to deliver vaginally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->