Are Evie and Ava too similar as sisters names?

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Just as title says really, we have Phoebe Ella/Iris for a girl name and I want Ava Lilliana as a back up (just incase first choice doesn't suit) but someone I mentioned it to said Ava was too similar to Evie. Can u get opinions please, thank you :)

It is similar.

I you prefer Phoebe I would go with that over Ava but if you really love it I don't think its too similar.........if that makes any sense?!

(LOVE Phoebe Ella btw :thumbup:)

They are really similar but some people like that, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Someone I know named her children Levi and Lexie lol

Just as title says really, we have Phoebe Ella/Iris for a girl name and I want Ava Lilliana as a back up (just incase first choice doesn't suit) but someone I mentioned it to said Ava was too similar to Evie. Can u get opinions please, thank you :)

Hmm so you have a DD named Evie, I take it.

Phoebe and Evie sound much more similar than Ava and Evie?

All three of those names are similar so obviously you like those "type" of names. My best cousin is due two weeks before me and naming her lo jada and she already had a son called jaden. I also have a good friend naming her identical twin girls Chloe and Zoe. I would never do that but it's too each it's own.

I quite like the whole matching name thing to be honest. They are pretty similar but i think they work well together. Go for it hun x

they're both cute names, but even if they're similar i'd go with it :)

Really, Evie and Phoebe are similar?? I get the syllables are similar but not what else....

Thanks everyone that commented,seeing as we are very limited as to the names we agree on, I think we will stick to our guns and have Phoebe as first choice and Ava as a back up :)

Really, Evie and Phoebe are similar?? I get the syllables are similar but not what else....

Thanks everyone that commented,seeing as we are very limited as to the names we agree on, I think we will stick to our guns and have Phoebe as first choice and Ava as a back up :)

Unless I am pronouncing them wrong, they rhyme?
I agree if you like it then go for it, but just wanted to say my opinion since you asked :)

It's similar but I think that just fine! When people have twins they often name them similar.
I love the names you have picked;)

Eva and Ava would seem too close but Evie and Ava only have a 'v' in common which is pronounced different but I agree with others that Ava goes better than Phoebe

Evie = E-VEE
Ava = AY-VA
Phoebe = feE-BEE

^ so phoebe clashes more than Ava if pronounced the way I do

How do you pronounce Evie? I've actually always wondered that. My friend has been posting on FB about her cute little puppy named Evie and I have no idea the correct way to pronounce it. :shrug:

Is it Ev-EE or EE-vee?? (of course ee-vee would rhyme with phoebe)

I think Ava Lilliana is gorgeous! I had that exact name on my list at one point! Love it!

How do you pronounce Evie? I've actually always wondered that. LIs it Ev-EE or EE-vee?? (of course ee-vee would rhyme with phoebe)

I think Ava Lilliana is gorgeous! I had that exact name on my list at one point! Love it!

It's pronounced Ee-vee. Thank you, Phoebe was my all time fave girl name, but the more I think of my second choice - Ava Lilliana, the more I'm loving it :) <3

Agree with this totally

I also think phoebe and Evie are more similar than Ava and Evie. I prefer the latter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->