Are OPKs worth the money and effort?

pbl_ge

LTTTC #1 AL
Reaction score
Hi All,

So this is the first month in which I don't know when I ovulated. If I am to believe FF, then it came early enough that OH and I completely missed it, and there was no correctly timed :sex: (Was a week before I expected, 36 hours after the HSG, in the middle of a stressful week, blah, blah, blah :blush: ). So I'm considering stepping up the game with an OPK regime. I'm wondering if it's worth it for two reasons:
1) I never go 4 hours without peeing. :haha:
2) Aside from this month, I'm pretty regular.

So do you guys think they're worth it????

The good ones are. I had a hard time with the Answer brand; horrible imo!

I O between CD11 and 14, quite a difference so I do both OPK and CBFM as they sometimes give different readings and also because we cant BD often so I need to make sure we plan these things correctly.

They are absolutely worth it! I found out I'm ovulating way early...around CD 10/11 usually. It gives me peace of mind for timing bd with DH.

And I have to pee every few hours as well! I don't think I've ever made the 4 hour cutoff, even at night (unless it was a nyquil night, lol).

I use cbfm and don't hold it for more than 4hours either. If I didn't opk I would have missed 3 or 4 of my 12 chances to conceive last year. I HATE temping, it seems ott and the peak comes after O anyway. I start poas at cd14 and go till cd20. That's only 6 days of monitoring and 6 sticks (if you buy them on eBay they're super cheap as was the cbfm).

Completely worth it. There's no other way!!

Agree with the above posters- definitely worth it!

I used some internet cheapies (Wondofo from Amazon- can get a pack of 30 for about $10) and then as they started to get darker, I also did the CB smiley digitals to confirm. As it got close, I would test twice/day and I didn't feel bad "wasting" the ic's by starting too early since they were so cheap to start with. The digi was much more accurate (or at least didn't leave room for doubt). I'd O the day after I got the smiley.

Very worth it. And really, they are so cheap. I used the ones from early-pregnancy-tests.com . Though for me, I ovulated regularly enough that I think after a few months to see my pattern, I could have stopped with the OPKs and just had sex every other day on CD10, 12, and 14. That would have had me covered in any case. Anyway, I enjoyed poas, haha.

I used some internet cheapies (Wondofo from Amazon- can get a pack of 30 for about $10) and then as they started to get darker, I also did the CB smiley digitals to confirm. As it got close, I would test twice/day and I didn't feel bad "wasting" the ic's by starting too early since they were so cheap to start with. The digi was much more accurate (or at least didn't leave room for doubt). I'd O the day after I got the smiley.

Yes I agree I think they are worth it, I can see you are recently pregnant did you used the smiley face opks to conceive if so which days did you DTD? thanks and good luck

Yes I agree I think they are worth it, I can see you are recently pregnant did you used the smiley face opks to conceive if so which days did you DTD? thanks and good luck

Yes- I used the smileys once the IC line started getting darker. Because of our work schedules, OH and I weren't always able to plan sex around when the smiley came up. The two times I got pregnant, we knew O was close & had sex 1 day before I got the smiley~ and I ovulated the following day. When we only able to DTD 2 days before the smiley, no BFP. So the ideal timing for us was 2 days before I ovulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->