Are there any seamstresses on here?

GypsyDancer

Mummy to Zach <3
Reaction score
If so, could you assist me please! I know ive already posted a similiar thread a few months back..

Im really getting myself stressed over my wedding dress :(

My OH and I were originally rushing to get married within a few months, so i went dress shopping with my mum and mil and picked one in the haste of everything. Forgetting what the important parts about the dress were to me i went for one, and i do like it, it looks so much better on and i felt gorgeous in it, but i HATE the neckline..so much so that im dreading trying it on again..
Ive always wanted a sweetheart neckline but the dress i have is straight.
Its lace and has beading along the top..
I spoke to somebody i know who also tried the same dress on and she asked if it could be changed and the seamstress told her no because of the beading.. :(

What im wondering is would a private seamstress be able to change it?
Im having the straps taken off already, and im happy to lose the beading along the top..
Is it doable?
Is it just the shop not wanting the hassle of removing the top beading and changing it?
I spoke to the seamstress briefly (not about this) and she seemed so moody im dreading asking her now but its really stressing me out!

Ive attached a picture of the top of the dress, not a great picture as i took it on my phone but you can kindve see what i mean..

20130425_142212.jpg

I used to sew and my grandma is a great seamstress. I think it could be done, it might not be a big sweetheart though do to the lack of fabric. But long as the seamstress is good. Make sure you know her reputation first. Get references.

I'm not a seamstress but I sew a lot and have made many dresses.
Id say it was definately doable, you will lose the beading along the top but I think it can be altered.
I hope you get it sorted, its.definately worth seeint another seamstress xx

You should be able to get a nice dip but probably not a very accentuated sweetheart as the fabric needs to start of slightly different, you need more volume of fabric to get the shape.

The beading will be awkward as you won't lose the same depth off the neckline all the way across - so some parts will be without beading and some with. A skilled person could resew the beads into a new position but it wouldn't be an easy task. Removing all the beads along the neck isn't an option as you'll be able to see where they were.

Sorry I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear. For what it's worth I think the dress looks beautiful as it is, the straight neckline suits the dress style really well.

Thankyou for your help :flower:
Think im going to have to be brave, pluck up the courage and ask the seamstress what can be done..
:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"