Are you from St. Austell?

anteater

Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping to move to St. Austell and was wondering if anyone could tell me what Pondhu Primary school is like and maybe just give me a general impression of what the area is like?

I've got a 4 year old (due to start school in Sept) and a 2 year old, so any tips on what is good for children would be great, thanks.

Hiya, not from St Austell (live in Truro) but I spent some time living in Roche which is one of the surrounding villages. St Austell is a nice town, there's lots of groups and meet ups. We have a few groups set up on Facebook for Mums to communicate etc (I think they're easy enough to search for). It's a great place to bring up kids! Where are you moving from?

Thank you so much for replying.

I am in Hampshire at the moment. I'll have a look at the facebook groups, thanks.

Why do you say it is a good place to bring up children? Is there a lot going on for little ones?

Having lived in Kent and Sussex, Cornwall in general is just such a lovely place to raise kids. Countryside, The sea. There are lots of groups and everyone is a lot more friendlier down this way, i've found.

I used to live on the Surrey/Hants border, moved to Cornwall 2 years ago (we're about 40mins from St Austell). Don't regret it one bit!

Roads are nicer and less busy (well, except summer and the holidays and stuff).
St Austell is nice, got good and bad parts like everywhere. Generally the schools seem good as a whole and all around my area were over subscribed when we moved and had waiting lists. We appealed and managed to get a space in a really good school though.

Great place for kids due to A, less traffic (so technically should be 'cleaner' air too).
B, so much to do, and quite a bit is free. Also we've taken advantage of locals passes for Eden and Lands end so saves a tonne on money.
C, beaches everywhere you go! And beautiful ones at that.
D, people are generally quite lovely. Even only being here a couple of years (no work, just uni so far) and I've got 3 really close friends. It's like people are a different breed down here.
There's probably lots more but they are 'my' main points. :)

Dani, I'm only about 20mins from you too. :) Always going to Truro for one thing or another!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->