Are you going back to work after Maternity Leave?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Are all you mummys returning to work once you maternity leave has finished?

Im in 2minds...i work one hour away and i start at 7am and finish at 8pm...i think its too far plus il miss my baby...i won't see him all day...

What are your plans? x

After a year, I am going to try and find a part-time teaching job. I have moved away from Aberdeen, so will have to give up my present teaching job - I am hoping it is easy to get a job down in Fife. I am hoping for a 2 day to 2 1/2 day week.

xxx

Im going back as i will only have 9ish months left after mat leave and i wont be signing on (in the RAF) but i do still want to work when i leave so ill be looking for something with a lot less hours and travelling!!!!!

finished work not long after i found out, i was so ill and my OH was so worried about me i handed in my notice. i have no plans to go back to work. looking after maddi, james and our wonderful home is the best job i've ever had :cloud9: (this is a huge change coming from a career minded sociologist that never believed in marriage! :rofl:) x

I have actually just requested to extend my 9 months mat leave to the full year at my work. I was due back in the new year but dont feel ready to leave Hannah yet. Am just waiting to hear back from my employer but I'm hoping it wont be a problem as I gave over 2 months notice.

All going well I'll be due back at the end of March 2009 now

my family inlaw have offered me loads of things to go back to work for them... and im not going to!

theyve said theyll:
pay me £8 an hour
pay childcare costs
pay our car repayments
and pay half towards our food bill every week

i just want to be with my kids to be honest

I have actually just requested to extend my 9 months mat leave to the full year at my work. I was due back in the new year but dont feel ready to leave Hannah yet. Am just waiting to hear back from my employer but I'm hoping it wont be a problem as I gave over 2 months notice.

Won't it be unpaid hun? I was thinking of that...im also going back in feb Amy-tea...really thinking of giving my notice in...x

Won't it be unpaid hun? I was thinking of that...im also going back in feb Amy-tea...really thinking of giving my notice in...x

OH wants me to leave too but our finances would be in total disaster. :cry: Cant have the best of both worlds im afraid, im going to look for another job though

Yeah, the last 3 months will be unpaid but we've looked at our finances and should be ok. I wish I didnt have to go back at all but we couldnt afford to drop down to one salary permanently.

I just know its going to be really hard when the time to go back does come round :(

Im in 2minds...i work one hour away and i start at 7am and finish at 8pm...i think its too far plus il miss my baby...i won't see him all day...

What are your plans? x

At those hours no way would I!

I was working 30 hours until the company mad some redundancies ...on my return I intended on going part time however for now I'm staying off work concentrating on our own ventures/plans and will return back to work at some point before 2010 begins part time in another job.

x

I'm due back in february - not really looking forward to it but once I get back, I'm sure it'll be OK. I'm going to work 4 days a week instead of 5 and my mother and mother-in-law will look after Katie two days each. I'm only 5 minutes from work so I can pop home some lunchtimes to see her.

I love being at home though!

What are your plans? x

At those hours no way would I!

I was working 30 hours until the company mad some redundancies ...on my return I intended on going part time however for now I'm staying off work concentrating on our own ventures/plans and will return back to work at some point before 2010 begins part time in another job.

x

I know...and they won't reduce my hours...i do 4days working and 4days off...im thinking of finding work in the NHS now as i work in the private sector at the moment and tbh they are not the most child friendly company xx

im due back early april wont go back to work for my current employer im working for a friend 16 hours a week and i going to do an access course so hopefully i can do a degree in midwifery in 2010..sounds ages away..lucky thing is i can work from home so i can still see mr t and the college course is only tue 630pm til 9pm,.
will be full time when i go to uni but il have had two years at home with both of the kiddlywinks by then..this is all money permitting!!

h x

i'm due back in May and already not looking forward to it, but cant afford not to go back.... even though bloody nursery fees are 720 a month!!!

your hours are long hun, can you not negotiate before returning back? xx

I was meant to go back on Monday just gone but sooo releived that I didnt. Just dont feel ready yet and Seth really isnt old enough. I extended it til Feb.

My place are sacking people left right and centre too so I reckon when I go back Ill either be sacked or made redundant. Which might not be a bad thing.

xxx

I was meant to go back on Monday just gone but sooo releived that I didnt. Just dont feel ready yet and Seth really isnt old enough. I extended it til Feb.

My place are sacking people left right and centre too so I reckon when I go back Ill either be sacked or made redundant. Which might not be a bad thing.

xxx

Did you take your maternity leave early hun? Are you on unpaid leave now? x

My maternity pay stops in Jan but I don't have a job to go back to (maternity allowance, not SMP). I have to finish my PGCE off (just a 9 wk placement) and I'm hoping to maybe manage to either work part time or get job seekers allowance until the end of April. I only need to somehow earn £50 or so a week to get by. It really annoys me that I can't do my placement in Feb. Got to find a full time teaching post for september. OH will work part time if I manage to get a full time post so Alasdair doesn't have to go full time to nursery.

In other European countries don't they encourage people to stay at home for longer? Here is just seems like after 6 months is up we're meant to be working full time!

Ive decided to go back saturdays and sundays so dave can have charlie im due back in january and im just waiting for my manager to phone back to make sure i can do these days luckly they do need a part timer but means i will prob have to drop my position as manager :hissy: but i will still enjoy it im only going back cos i love my job so much and its nice to get out for a bit even though i love being a mummy x x x

we cant afford for me not to go back to work, but I need to find a job first. My mat allowance finishes in april and all I want to do is stay with chloe, I cry even now when I think about having to find a job

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->