Are you having weird dreams about baby??

LilianA

Reaction score
I had a dream that i was pregnant with a camel!! and it was poking me with its long legs and I was so stressed out!!! its a very long dream with lots of details but it all revolved around this camel!
when I was pregnant with my first I had a dream that I gave birth to a fish and was panicking to find an aquarium to put him in so he can survive!!

what weird dream have you had? and why the heck do we dream about these things!!!

I've only had one dream about the baby and it was that we went for a 'special' scan where they could temporarily take him out, and we could cuddle him/have a proper look at him while we were there, and then they put him back in before we left. I don't know how they did it, the only part of the dream I remember was cuddling him and being really pleased that he had lots of dark hair, lol.
It was so bizarre!!

Hahaha well im glad yours was a pleasant dream !!!

I had a weird dream that the baby's foot came out of a hole in my stomach when he kicked and I got to feel his foot. So weird!

I've only had one dream about the baby and it was that we went for a 'special' scan where they could temporarily take him out, and we could cuddle him/have a proper look at him while we were there, and then they put him back in before we left. I don't know how they did it, the only part of the dream I remember was cuddling him and being really pleased that he had lots of dark hair, lol.
It was so bizarre!!

Lol, I keep having dreams where mine has lots of dark hair as well-I've always been fearful of having a bald baby lol, which I'm not sure why since I've seen plenty of cute bald babies ;) my dreams are usually dreams about my husband losing the baby or something weird like that haha

Yes! Friday I had a very stressful dream where I went into labour and then blacked out and couldn't remember giving birth at all (disturbing item number 1). When I came to, all of my family and my husband's family were in the room and my husband was handing me the baby, but the baby was a few months old - not a newborn (disturbing thing number 2), and he had blonde hair and blue eyes where DH and I are both brown hair brown eyes, so I was so convinced this was not our baby but no one would listen to me (#3). So then I tried to breastfeed for the first time, but all of our family members were still in the room so I was freaking out (#4). When it came time to discuss a name, DH and I couldn't agree and our philosophy has been to have a few top picks and then decide when we meet him, but not only could we not agree which of our top picks was the right one, I didn't have a "feeling" about what his name should be, because I knew he wasn't my baby (# 5)!!! I remember rolling around in and out of sleep thinking "I can't name him because he's not my baby, what am I going to do!?". I was so disturbed by the dream it put me in a funk for a few days!!

Ive just had dreams that dh isnt the babys father... Which is funny because we did iui and there was another couple there the same day and i had joked about it at the time saying to dh 'well at least hes good looking!' Lol

Yes! Friday I had a very stressful dream where I went into labour and then blacked out and couldn't remember giving birth at all (disturbing item number 1). When I came to, all of my family and my husband's family were in the room and my husband was handing me the baby, but the baby was a few months old - not a newborn (disturbing thing number 2), and he had blonde hair and blue eyes where DH and I are both brown hair brown eyes, so I was so convinced this was not our baby but no one would listen to me (#3). So then I tried to breastfeed for the first time, but all of our family members were still in the room so I was freaking out (#4). When it came time to discuss a name, DH and I couldn't agree and our philosophy has been to have a few top picks and then decide when we meet him, but not only could we not agree which of our top picks was the right one, I didn't have a "feeling" about what his name should be, because I knew he wasn't my baby (# 5)!!! I remember rolling around in and out of sleep thinking "I can't name him because he's not my baby, what am I going to do!?". I was so disturbed by the dream it put me in a funk for a few days!!

Oh my goodness!!! that is a disturbing dream!!! I think we worry so much our brains just fabricate crazy stuff in our dreams...
a while back I had a dream that they decided to get the baby out and I was only 26 weeks and I'm currently on a medication i need to stop when it gets closer to birth so I kept screaming no wait I didn't wean off!!! he's going to be in the NICU!!!

I've had a few odd dreams, usually based on my worries at the time. Like fir a week now I have had dreams of her coming early, being a boy and being the size of a 6 month old!

Lilian and Cheryl - I totally agree they bring out our worries! All the things in the dream I've worried about mildly about at one point or another (being fully involved and present in the birth, having privacy from family, breastfeeding being a challenge, and agreeing on a name), dreaming about them just made it so much worse!! Wouldn't it be nice if with all the other craziness we put up with we could have lovely relaxing dreams!? That would be...the dream lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->