aren't they a little too young?!!

A

aliyah_112

my daugher went round to her friends yesterday to play and have dinner, and when she was dropped off after her friends mum was saying that they were playing in her sons bedroom before dinner..
and when she walked into the room her son had his trousers down and my daughter was laying on the bed with her legs in the air!!:wacko:
she asked him what they were doing and he said that they were playing games like mummys and daddys do!
I was shocked, :dohh:

don't know what to say to her?:wacko:

Exploring (showing and touching) is perfectly normal behaviour between 5 year olds, but re-enacting sexual behaviour isn't. I would gently talk to your daughter and find out exactly what happened, whose idea it was, who said what, etc. and take it from there.

I remember doing this when I was younger (about aged 9) but I did it with a girl :blush:

However for a boy to be doing it I would definately start asking some questions like Freckleonear said. x

I know she's very young, and prob won't fully understand why she did it... but it's not gonna hurt to have that open discussion with her. Just explain that kind of "behavior" is for adults only- but and it's perfectly OK to be curious about her own body. I would just let her know your not mad, she didn't do anything wrong, she just needs to come to you if she has questions.

Best of luck hun!

Is the son the friend? Or brother of the friend? If brother how old is he?

yeah he's one of her closest friends, and hes just turned 5.. so near anough the same age as saskia..

:flower: xx

To be honest I would be a little concerned that the boy has been exposed to something inappropriate, whether on TV or in real life. Then again, sex education is pretty explicit nowadays :dohh: so I suppose they could have just been acting that out.

hes maybe just walked in on his parents or something. I'd try and not worry but just explain that her parts are private and no one else is to touch or look at them unless mummy says its ok (like a doctor or something).

thank you everyone!
i spoke to her a few days later, so that she wouldnt think that i was telling her off as much, and she said that it was the other little boys idea to play as he's seen his mum and dad to it when they are in bed so hence he thought it was okay..
I just explained to her that things adults do shouldnt be copied until you know what is going on iykwim? and that her private parts should only be seen by my and her dad, or anyone that we say is okay like a doctor for example.

Thanks for all the advice :flower: xx

I genuinely don't know what to say - I think I would be horrified if I walked in on my kids in that situation. I know it's normal to be curious but that is just too much..... I agree with the others, have a chat with her and see if you can establish where it came from. x

(btw - your Saskia is one day older than my Harry :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->