• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Argh! Going from being paid weekly to monthly!

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
Hubby has always been paid weekly but he starts a new job a week Monday and the company pay monthly.
I am crapping myself that we will fall seriously behind on things. I'm rubbish at budgeting! Where do I start?
Help please :(

Monthly imo is much easier. Bills come out monthly anyway so once all your dds come out on the 1st the rest is yours.
You could do a big shop st the start of the month and fill freezer, get tins, part baked bread etc or even batch cook and freeze if you're worried about running out of food x

Oh gosh I can't imagine weekly! If he gets paid end of the month, what we do is arrange all our DDs to come out start of the month so we know all the bills are sorted. Then I have a set budget per week, and the rest I move into savings, however we never stick to our budget and always go into our over spill, but it's the attempt that counts lol.

In the long run being paid monthly will be great, but it's the Initial change over that is worrying me! All our bills are dotted around the month because he's paid weekly.

Been there, it's crap! You have my full sympathy, that first month is long.

I agree about the food thing above.

Only other thing to try and do is save over as much as poss from the remaining weekly wages to tide you over whilt waiting for the first monthly pay. And once it's up and running monthly is tons easier :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->