Argh will people stop trying to wrap me in a bubble!

babyhopes2010

one boy one girl.perfect!
Reaction score
getting annoyed now :grr:

Im pregnant its not a disability!

Telling me i shouldnt be carrying my 15month old baby(who doesnt walk get) around. i mean come on im hardly gonna let her chuck herself down the stairs.

shouldnt be doing this,shouldnt be doing that !
I eat as healthy as i can, dont drink or smoke so whats the problem!:dohh:

GAh pregnancy is the most natural thing ever! people used to give birth and go bk to work the same day.

Doesnt this dos and donts just annoy u!

It is frustrating, but mostly it comes from a good place (I think!) - I find it irritating when 'know it all' people do it, but I try hard not to get annoyed if it's from someone who is genuinely concerned for my welfare. Maybe explain that you know your own limits and that you're not going to do anything that'll put you or baby in danger, but that you need to keep your little one who is already here safe!
Take care xx

Totally agree with you but this reminds me of someone I know that refused to carry a bowl of potatoe salad because
1) it was heavy
2) homemade mayonnaise?!?

Erm... Last time I looked mayonnaise doesn't jump into your mouth! Some people really do take the pis, lol.

Totally agree with you but this reminds me of someone I know that refused to carry a bowl of potatoe salad because
1) it was heavy
2) homemade mayonnaise?!?

Erm... Last time I looked mayonnaise doesn't jump into your mouth! Some people really do take the pis, lol.

:dohh:

i have mayo obviously only jar one thats pasturised

I get scolded for changing out the Culligan bottles at work... but no one bats an eye when they see me weight lifting in the gym. I squat a LOT more than the Culligan bottles are, but somehow it's different? I don't get it, either. It's not like the baby's going to fall out.

I did the same thing... yelled at people to not treat me like glass.

When my SIL was pregnant, she was high risk and was on doc orders not to do a lot. Of course she also milked it for all it was worth and also got out of doing a lot of things she would have been fine to do. My parents-in-law, especially, started out trying to do the same thing to me.

I nipped it in the bud by explaining that everything was fine with me, I don't need coddling and that my midwife recommended plenty of activity.

It was kind of cute how concerned my OH got whenever I was near a patch of ice, even though I was aware of it and I know how to walk on ice without falling.

I'm in the total opposite position. I'm always just left to get on with it all!

I couldn't stand everyone fussing over me all the time.... but it would be nice if DH did a little bit just to show he cared! :growlmad::haha:

I couldn't stand everyone fussing over me all the time.... but it would be nice if DH did a little bit just to show he cared! :growlmad::haha:

no chance of DH doing that with me :haha:

he chucked a pile of wood on my arms to bring in the house. charming lol

Freya has been missing her boyfriend!:cry:

Agreed. I don't like being fussed over... but a little consideration would be nice.

My husband is the same way. He's always complaining about being tired and sore... like I'm not the one making a whole person from scratch here!

I've been quite lucky and found that a quick "eh I'm fine" any time someone tells me to not do something leads to them eventually giving up fussing as I barely register it.
DH only really tells me not to overdo it if he feels guilty. Like we boxed our Xmas tree up and left it in the hall so he could take it to the garage. 6 weeks later it was still there so I got the hump and half way through me struggling to get it out of the house he told me to stop. I'm stubborn so I did it anyway- I was more at risk of falling over it for 6 weeks than carrying it for 2 minutes.

Only problem now is that because I say I'm fine to most things, I'm now expected to do more and feel like I'm milking it if I say something is too painful/uncomfortable. Shot meself in the foot a bit!

I've been quite lucky and found that a quick "eh I'm fine" any time someone tells me to not do something leads to them eventually giving up fussing as I barely register it.
DH only really tells me not to overdo it if he feels guilty. Like we boxed our Xmas tree up and left it in the hall so he could take it to the garage. 6 weeks later it was still there so I got the hump and half way through me struggling to get it out of the house he told me to stop. I'm stubborn so I did it anyway- I was more at risk of falling over it for 6 weeks than carrying it for 2 minutes.

Only problem now is that because I say I'm fine to most things, I'm now expected to do more and feel like I'm milking it if I say something is too painful/uncomfortable. Shot meself in the foot a bit!

Me, too! My job includes doing some stocking for a small store, which means lots of lifting. Most of the stuff's not to heavy... but now no one thinks twice about me lifting the cases of gallon jugs of water, or other cases of drinks. Some of those get heavy.

I have awful pelvic arthropathy and if I carry anything at all heavy it feels like my baby is going to fall out! Lol, I've been told quite sternly not to overdo it at all and not to carry my 17 month old, but she's been walking from 11 months, so it's not too bad. It is meant well, I can see that. It's the people who push past me on my crutches and close doors in my face that I get annoyed at!

Well, only our parents and DH knows about the pregnancy but I had my MIL around the other day and I was taking Reverie out of the highchair and she pushed me back down onto the kitchen chair and started fussing, saying I was in no condition to do such a thing...

I was shocked, to say the very least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->