argos 3 for 2 please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid

mom of 1
Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed with argos now they do the 3 for 2 and obviously there targeting the early Christmas shoppers here with this promotion.
I've spent a fair bit of cash bought my son a kids tablet so I asked the online team if the product was faulty when my son gets it would I be able to exchange I don't want my money back just to no I could replace it and there saying NO I should bring it back and buy it nearer the time. so please watch out for this I'm going to have to try and get some time to check through all his stuff to make sure it works
Pain in the neck :(

I'm a bit disappointed with argos now they do the 3 for 2 and obviously there targeting the early Christmas shoppers here with this promotion.
I've spent a fair bit of cash bought my son a kids tablet so I asked the online team if the product was faulty when my son gets it would I be able to exchange I don't want my money back just to no I could replace it and there saying NO I should bring it back and buy it nearer the time. so please watch out for this I'm going to have to try and get some time to check through all his stuff to make sure it works

The law is they have to repair or replace any faulty electrical items for a year hun x

The law is they have to repair or replace any faulty electrical items for a year hun x

^^ I had thought that too, but is it not the manufacturer that has to replace it if its faulty rather than the retailer? I'm not 100% but I had thought all electrical items come with some kind of manufacturer warranty x

^^ I had thought that too, but is it not the manufacturer that has to replace it if its faulty rather than the retailer? I'm not 100% but I had thought all electrical items come with some kind of manufacturer warranty x

Yip your right it's the manufacturer that would do this. Just thought it would be top customer service if they offered an exchange for a faulty item x

I think you'd be alright, actually, I'm pretty sure you'd be fine getting your money back on a faulty item within a few months from the retailer - your contract is with them, not the manufacturer. The bit it comes under is the Sale of Goods Act, you have a right to goods of a reasonable quality and durability, (see https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54). A tablet broken when you bought it would make the contract void, you'd need to be offered your money back, and also a tablet that broke quickly (without being broken by bad handling, for example) would also come under this. A lot of retailers try it on, but legally your contract is with them and you have a right to the item you buy being of reasonable quality and durability (taking into account price, description etc) and to be as described.

HTH. :flower:

They have to refund or repair. I purchased a tablet for my daughter in January and it broke last month, I took it back and they refunded me x

They have to refund or repair. I purchased a tablet for my daughter in January and it broke last month, I took it back and they refunded me x

That's good to know was it from argos x

I'm surprised they've told you to return and re purchase nearer Christmas as tablets are excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee :/ x

can't you carefully open the box now and check it, make sure it works?

I always buy in the argos 3for2 sale touch wood everything has always worked come Xmas lol but if it didn't I would take it back in its original packaging (showing the argos code on it) and tell them it was a Xmas gift so you don't have the receipt then they don't know how long ago you bought it and they will either offer you an exchange or give you a refund via a gift card which wouldn't bother me as I always shop in Argos :)

I used to work for Argos. You have 30 days to return an item if you change your mind (so long as it's not excluded from the money back guarantee) but you automatically get a 1 year guarantee with it. It may be with the manufacturer and not Argos, it depends what you buy. But if it was faulty you would be covered for a year one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"