Aromatherapy oils

Groovychick

Reaction score
May I ask if anyone has used aromatherapy oils during labour? What oils were used? How did you use them?

Thank you. :)

Hi

I used aromatherapy during pregnancy as well as labour and birth.

During pregnancy I did natal hypnotherapy, and each time I listened to my tracks I had some lavender oil on a hankerchief next to me which I inhaled. At night I also put lavender on my pillow to help me sleep. Occasionally I burnt some lavender in my oil burner but not regularly.

During labour I had my hypnotherapy tracks running constantly and had my lavender on a hankerchief again which I inhaled during contractions. I also had a labour blend burning throughout labour/delivery which was given to me. It contained rose, frankincense, lavender and clary sage. It was a nice blend but I didn't really smell it during labour as I was concentrating on my lavender and hypnotherapy, and the lavender was the smell I associated with it.

I think the labour blend helped my labour progress quicker though, with having the clary sage in.

If you search online for safe aromatherapy oils to use in pregnancy and what they're good for, a list will come up. You can then go into Boots or somewhere and smell them to find one that you like.

hth :flower:

xx

I'm planning to use them and found this link quite useful:

https://www.ivillage.co.uk/aromatherapy-during-labour/81553?field_pages=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe