Asking to be induced...

kellze

Reaction score
Hi all

I am 30 weeks pregnant and am thinking of asking to be induced close to my due date.

My last two babies went 15 and 11 days over and were 10lb 3oz and 9lb 1 oz.

The big babies caused havoc with my downstairs region and quite frankly going over again and having another big baby is scaring me.

I am unsure whether I am allowed to ask or if they would even consider it.
Any ideas?? I'm in Vic, Australia.

Hey Kellze, are you going private or public?
I've found the public system to be very conservative with what they'd consider to be unnecessary intervention.

I've talked about this with my doctor. He said I would have to be showing progress on my own (dilated) before he would induce me, If I go 10 days over with no progress he will induce me anyway. I'm in the US though.

I'm in NSW. I had just had enough of being pregnant. At 39wks I assed my doctor about the possibility of an induction. He agreed to do a sweep to get things moving but it didn't work.
He ended up inducing me on my due date. (He was reluctant but I begged.)

So it's definitely a possibility, and it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm actually kind of surprised you weren't offered an induction with your previous pregnancies.
But then again Monash let me go 3 weeks over with one of my babies...

Given your history I think you could push for an induction for somewhere between 40-41 weeks at least...

Thanks ladies. I'm off to the Dr now and will ask the question. I've also been having problems with depression so he might think about it.

I'm going Public as there's no other option really here. It's a small town.

I was induced with my daughter at 39 weeks. I had been having issues with my blood pressure and was just done. My body was already progressing on its own and my doctor was going to go on vacation the next week. I actually didn't necessarily ask to be induced, I just told him flat out, I'm done being pregnant and he said "how does tomorrow sound" I said excuse me? Lol. At one of my first prenatal appointments with this pregnancy, we discussed my last delivery and he said we would discuss when the time came. I Would think your doctor would consider given your history of last two labors!

in the uk you have no chance lol they wont do it unless there is a really good medical reason and they leave you up to 14 days overdue

If it's not a first pregnancy, my dr will induce at 39 weeks. So it can't hurt to ask

How did you go with the dr, kellze?

I was induced with my 3rd and last baby due to baby size mainly and lady part damage from previous large babies. my last baby was also due to reduced movement.

I ended up not a ski g my Dr as he was already over an hour late for my appointment and I wanted some lunch. Not a great excuse but it's all I have. I am seeing him again in 2 weeks.

Both my previous babies were born in the UK. My midwives knew I was having a big one with the first and never told me and certainly never offered any intervention. I was only 19 and terrified.

I'm much older now and more able to ask for what I want....I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->