Asyria Elaine Beverly

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
This is late, but ya know, she keeps me busy :cloud9:

On Nov. 20th I went into the hospital for my c-section at about 7 am. They set my iv up and hooked me up to the monitors. Asyria had turned head down but at 39+1 her head was still outside of my pelvis and in the space of a week she had turned completely back from breech so we decided to go ahead. I was really really scared but they had sedated me heavily because I had freaked out so badly with the iv so at that point I was pretty tired and a little loopy.

I lucked out and my anestesiagist (cant spell it) was amazing, she had had a spinal before so she was really supportive and sympathetic. I really had no idea how bad it would be, it was the scariest thing ever. I remember I was shaking uncontrollably when I got to the OR and I hated the oxygen thing. I kept having braxton hicks when they were trying to do the spinal so it was really hard but my nurse was really really helpful. I cant say how thankful I was for how kind and patient everyone was. When the spinal started working I couldnt breathe right and I felt so nauseas. They kept shoving things up my iv that burned but I could barely move anything so I couldnt try and squirm away. They have you lay out so that your legs are kind of dead frog like and your arms are spread. They put a catheter in which was kind of uncomfortable but I couldnt feel much. I was begging for them to put me under but after a few minutes it passed and my mom got to come in. By then I was so sedated and so out of it all I could do was think how scared I was but my body couldnt respond at all. I could tell my mom was so scared too but again all I could really do was tell her how scared I was in barely more than a whisper.
Once they started it seemed to take forever to get Asyria out but she started crying as soon as they did and tears started pouring out of my eyes I was so happy. When they were pulling her out someone had the grace to say 'its going to feel like someone is sitting on you' so thats what I keep thinking and it made it so much easier to handle. Once she was out, that was all I could think about. They finally gave her to my mom and my mom held her for me and put my hand on her. Asyria wiggled her little body around and opened her eyes and looked at me, she had the most beautiful little steel blue eyes. Everything melted away and though I still remembered how scared I was I didnt care. After that they sent mom out and finished everything up and then gave me Syri. I was so happy, it was amazing. It was so worth it. I would do it over and over. That first night I slept maybe an hour, I was so busy watching her. :baby:
So she was born at 9:39am on November 20th, weighing 7lbs, 8 ounces and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

AW that was lovely. Congratulations x

Thats lovely congrats hunni and gorgeous name xxx :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back